land rover series 3 88" csw restoration project.

viking

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Get me some measurements and ill get you some cut ...its a shame not to use the steel stores at work !!

how very kind of you mate, id say a 6x6" bit should do, im just not sure of its thicknes it could be anything from 1-2 mm :good::good:

Send me your add and ill get some off in post for you ? ...iv zintec ...mild steel ..Ali. ..stainless too if you need anything ...All brand new ..

That's why I run a 30 yr old defender too ??!!??

we have seen it .........hows the paint job holding up ?............if you ever have to replace the main crankshaft seal with the little "l" shaped seals...let me know as i have made a forcing cone for that job and it is so easy to put the main cap in with them...i will send them up if you send them back after you have finished with them :good:

we have seen it .........hows the paint job holding up ?............if you ever have to replace the main crankshaft seal with the little "l" shaped seals...let me know as i have made a forcing cone for that job and it is so easy to put the main cap in with them...i will send them up if you send them back after you have finished with them :good:

Thanks for that !!! When they are due ill take you up on the offer !! The paint work if doing well but ill be redoing it in the summer as I have ocd I think ... prob because I'm a sprayer by trade and it's just as quick to repaint it to get any marks off !! I'm on lookout for a roof rack and winch if anyone has one spare ?

Scott

Edit to add ..iv fitted a boost pin and it's def woke the 200tdi up a bit !!

Edited by mad1

Thanks for that !!! When they are due ill take you up on the offer !! The paint work if doing well but ill be redoing it in the summer as I have ocd I think ... prob because I'm a sprayer by trade and it's just as quick to repaint it to get any marks off !! I'm on lookout for a roof rack and winch if anyone has one spare ?

Scott

Edit to add ..iv fitted a boost pin and it's def woke the 200tdi up a bit !!

have you screwed it up to 3mm..........dont do too much...watch your temperature gauge...if its steady youve got it right..

3mm ??? No I just bought one from the net ? I could do with a egt gauge to be honest ...

you have a boshe injector pump not CAV ?..........are you talking about the pin in the boost diaphram on the injector pump ?

Edited by ditchman

just ordered a new o/s front door bottom from paddocks as the paint sprayer said the one i had wasn't worth painting, i had it delivered to him and it got there today at diner time, he called me to say the top of it wasn't bonded, i called him to see what he was on about, he said at the top of the door where the skin meets the frome it wasnt stuck together and that it should be,he said he could bond it but it just shouldn't be like that, i rang paddocks and told the bloke who answered and he went away for 10 mins and come back and said he had been speaking to the parts manager and he had said there all like that, none of them are bonded and never have been and that its the capping that holds it together, so i rang the painter back and told him, he said what a load of ****, so i just told him to bond it, my question is have paddocks bent me over :hmm::hmm: