Evo III Bismuth

Gents,

Not looking to drag up the shattering issues of yesteryear on this.

I have a couple of tubs of the new evo 3 Eley Bismuth brought in cheap from the U.S. in UK BB (0.16"). The latest formulation alleges to have addressed the brittleness of the shot.

I'll be buffering it and putting it through an 8.

Has anyone used the evo3 in BB?

I'll get the opportunity to try it on Greys and Canada's before the winks get here, so I'll share my findings.

Can't say I noticed any shattering of big bismuth through the eight even in the old stuff! The only problem (if it was a problem) I encountered was the big sizes were made in two halves and stuck together! And occasionally you would find (in the tub) individual shot had separated!

As well as ITM and Bi home loaded shells, I and several mates used to shoot the now unavailable factory Eley 8 gauge Bismuth cartridges (As loaded for Eley by Alan Myers I believe?) and killed plenty of geese with em! ......So just load em up and shoot em, Is my advice!

Good luck!

P1

I've read Tom's article where he raves about PSB with Bismuth, but no data ....

I do plan on buffering it, and was going to use a buffered lead load recipe using mix 47 and reduce the shot charge as a starting point ..... but any data appreciated.

PSB can push pressures way high, so whilst it's tempting, I'll play it safe.

I can pretty much remember the ten bore load but I am sure I have it written on an envelope on my reloading bench.

I think bismuth gives higher pressures than lead but not drastically so.

I used to get fantastic patterns with ******** bismuth in the ten and twelve, so you should do very well with the eight.

Is b u ffered a rude word ?