No gadgets again.

crowcaller

When to zero a rifle I picked up on Friday. As I was going to the farm I noticed pigeons crossing the motorway going on another of my perms. So when and had a look .good number on the stubble and birds coming in watched and picked my hide spot against a ditch side with the motorway at my back deeks out in front wind was right to left but three houses on my right so could not shoot that way.had birds crossing left to right wanting to go up wind so had some nice crossing birds to start as they were a bit wary at first after shooting games 6 or 7 birds I put them out as decoys, birds started to come in but a good few small packs after shooting one most of the others continue to the right so had to let them go because of the houses.single birds were not a problem as most came in front had just over 2 hours and picked 42 ,but lost 4 birds to the side of motorway. A good couple of hours and again started with statics on spring sticks. And no flapper or whirly.

Well done, back to basics. This seems to be the pattern this year as they are gadget shy. Great result.

About a year ago I remember Motty teasing me about my "mensa pigeons" when I posted that they were magnet aware........

On my patch they are also hide -shy, if they can see it and even flocked shells sometime get rejected. They are so over-shot (or something) that they sometimes flare away in panic from actual, real live, happy, feeding birds!