trap gun for field?

08shooter

hi guys i was speaking to a mate today who shoots a trap gun in the field.i personally never tried it and was wondering if any of you guys did the same.would the high comb and rib not make it awkward to shoot with?surely trap guns are built for going away birds so does that mean you have to aim under crossers?

If a gun suits you then it doesn't matter what it is labelled, I own a sporter but have shot plenty of pheasants with it.

Trap guns are usually heavily choked and do shoot high but that doesn't matter a jot if it shoots where YOU are looking.

Not all trap guns shoot high. Many sporters shoot high. Check the top rib - if does not taper down, the gun should shoot roughly where you point it. I have been using trap guns for Sporting for about 20 years. Just prefer the chunkier forend. You can either get a multichoke, or get the chokes opened up. Get a gun that suits you. Don't get hung up on a model.

I shoot a "trap" gun as it fits perfectly and I wanted a beaver forend, rather than a slim schabel forend. It's teague multi-choked so is adaptable to whatever quarry I'm after :good: .

If it fits and kills everything you point it at it doesn't matter if it's a tennis racket! :lol: