Beating wanted for my boss

Evening all, my boss who introduced me to shooting, countersigned my application and has let me install my cabinet at his house has asked me to help out getting some shooting/beating. We were set to join a local shoot but the 2 people who left at the last minute came back so have been left high and dry.

As a thanks for all he's done for me I've said I'll try to get us out this season (thought I'd sorted it) we're happy to pay for any odd days that pop up or if someone on a syndicate can't make a day one or both of us can fill in.

The main reason we're desperate to get out is he derives so much pleasures from working his drakes head Labrador and thinks this or maybe next season will be the dogs last chance to enjoy the days out. I think he would prefer beating to shooting, doesn't want anything in return for it except the pleasure of working his dog.

If anybody has any days or space for beaters around the manchester or north west area it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading. ATB 425

Excuse my ignorance but I thought they fell under the same category. I thought beating was a term used in general for the non shooting part be it, flushing,beating or picking up depending on what type of shoot it is. Either way if I word it so he would like to work his dog in any way that is beneficial to the shoot it would be appreciated thanks. ATB 425