New cz455 varmint issue

Rst1990

I have just bought a new cz455 varmint, I took it out in the field today once I fitted scope etc

The first 50 rounds was all over the place at 60mtrs using 5 different brands by 100 rounds the groups was closing up.

Do you have to lead the barrel up? I've not had this before.

Thanks

22lr or HMR? Did you clean the barrel before you started zeroing? I've always cleaned any new rifle prior to zeroing it. Gets rid of any oil/grease applied during packaging. Just a thought especially when you say the groups started closing up. I would give it a good clean and start again mate, as well as checking stock screws and scope mounts for tightness. See how that goes before returning to RFD, ;)

ATB,

Pat

22lr or HMR? Did you clean the barrel before you started zeroing? I've always cleaned any new rifle prior to zeroing it. Gets rid of any oil/grease applied during packaging. Just a thought especially when you say the groups started closing up. I would give it a good clean and start again mate, as well as checking stock screws and scope mounts for tightness. See how that goes before returning to RFD, ;)

ATB,

Pat

Sorry 22lr :lol: would help knowing calibre

Put a box of 50 winney subs 42gr through my new CZ Silhouette after cleaning the barrel & just putting them on paper.Then grouped 1inch @ 50mtrs,it's had about 300 round through it now.Had the barrel cut to 14inches,scope put back on and grouping is spot on.This is the wife's 3 shots @ 54mtrs.

post-30855-0-62307600-1444595096_thumb.jpeg

post-30855-0-63767200-1444595113_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Davyo

Where any of the 5 different brands grouping? or did it just get better towards the 100? Mine was good with Eley subs from the off, don't like the CCI segmented though.

Not one brand grouped. I used eley, cci, rws, Winchester, fiocci.

After 100 rounds through the barrel they was closing up, I'm hoping once more rounds are through it will get better.

Not one brand grouped. I used eley, cci, rws, Winchester, fiocci.

After 100 rounds through the barrel they was closing up, I'm hoping once more rounds are through it will get better.

It should come good, I think you would have to be very unlucky to have a bad one. CZ have an excellent track record with their .22 rimfires

Put a box of 50 winney subs 42gr through my new CZ Silhouette after cleaning the barrel & just putting them on paper.Then grouped 1inch @ 50mtrs,it's had about 300 round through it now.Had the barrel cut to 14inches,scope put back on and grouping is spot on.This is the wife's 3 shots @ 54mtrs.

So once you put 300 through your wife was able to produce 1/2" at 54mtrs?

My previous Cz was 1/2" all day long at 50mtrs with eley.

I've had 3 new 22lr rifles before this one and never really had a break in period? Strange.

So once you put 300 through your wife was able to produce 1/2" at 54mtrs?

My previous Cz was 1/2" all day long at 50mtrs with eley.

I've had 3 new 22lr rifles before this one and never really had a break in period? Strange.

It grouped after 50, I just put 50 through in rapid succession on paper before even bothering fine tuning.I had the 20inch barrel cut to 14inches after about 100 rds.CZ's are the muts nuts,anybody could get a good group through my rifle.