Trooper 3.0td

dodeer

Another vehicle question- many thanks to all who contributed on the Subaru thread.

Isuzu Trooper commercial 3.0 turbo diesel- any known faults, niggles etc?

Heard from some people that the old 3.1td was much better and more reliable but others have said that the 3.0 is great.

Any views, opinions much appriciated- or any other suggestions on a decent 4x4 which will be used for 250 miles a week and off roading.

Christ, don't do it!

They're extremely prone to injector seal failure allowing the engine to rev uncontrollably as it runs on engine oil.

The seals in mine were replaced on a recall, but I soon sold it and got a petrol one instead. The 3 litre TD did 28 m.p.g. on a run, my 3.5 petrol does 26. The servicing costs are less for the petrol version and of course the fuel's cheaper too.

My best mate was after sales/service manager in a Subaru/Isuzu dealership, and they were having 3 or 4 3 litre diesels in for a new engine every week for a long time, even after the recalls.

yes i heard that some of the newer engines are poo as well in troopers the old one were bomb proof tho

farmer i shoot for had to replace engine in his big bill loads of cash to sort do you home work before buying one mate

all the best kirky

shogun or navara are to look at but some navara jeeps have been recalled as well somthing to do with timeing chains i think

terrano 2 maybe

From my experience all Terranos are **** - unless you don't mind fixing it daily, if not hourly!!

3.0 is not as good as the 3.1 - but still not bad machines. But if I had to choose it would definately be the 3.1 - look around and you should be able to find a reasonable one...they even did them in the newer shape for a short while too if my memory serves me right.

i'd agree with most, stay clear of the 3.0ltr and go with the 3.1td if your going down the trooper road. i've had 3 in total and based on performance and fuel, the 3.1td is your best bet.

dont bother with the terrano because there shocking on fuel, that also go's for fourtraks. what type of milage do you do??? motorway or town. i've heard many time that the large landcrusiers do nearly 50mpg on motorway trips.

theres a 4x4 forum called diff lock. go on there and do a search. lots of input because they doesn't specalize in any one piticular 4x4 :sly: