Maxus

bryanhu2

Must be the 30 because is so bloody long will have to pop to the gun shop again I thing but it's ok to just change the barrel ??

Yes, as far as I am aware the tolerances are such that you can order a new barrel and fit it without any gunsmithing intervention.

I seem to recall that comparing semi-auto to O/U went

26" = 28"

28" = 30"

30" = 32"

Your 30" barrel will have the guns serial number stamped on it so I do not know what happens if you replace it with another. Does the new barrel have to be marked with the same number. Perhaps you will let us know what the dealer says.

Edited by B25Modelman

Back in the day it wasn't unusual to have a different barrel number to action number.

Don't worry about it,

I know a few people with spare magnum barrels for their autos because the beretta 301/2/3 didn't come with 3" chambers,

Beretta sold loads of them separately.

Try advertising in the wanted section for a swap for a shorter barrel, you might get lucky.

:shaun:

Any Browning dealer.

Barrel lengths are 26", 28" and 30"

When I ordered my Maxus (28") from the Weldon Gun Room they quoted £435 for a spare 30" with 7-10 day delivery.

What barrel length do you have.

That does seem quite reasonable for a new barrel, although might be worth thinking about looking for another complete secondhand maxus which you'd possible pick up for around £600!!