Bone cutters/scissors ??

Cranfield

I remember seeing such things advertised by JML in places like Focus, Robert Dyers etc..... but we got a pair £9.99 from Focus and they were kak. I treid to cut through a bunny leg bone and they would flex, if too much pressure would bend altogether, they were only good for cutting through the join of the bone through the sinews.

Good quality secateurs work just as well, but they cost similar money. I have tried the cheapo ones and its the same old thing, buy cheap buy twice :blink:

:sly: I bought A hunter set of knifes from Canada when I was there and they had a pair of hunters shears and they useless the stud sheared on a rabbits leg so went out and bought a decent pair of hand secateurs from B&Q about £15.00 they were, and they stay nice and sharp just make sure the pivot pin is made os steel and not aly/plastic cause they will just shear at that point.

I have never seen the point of shearing rabbits legs. I always break the bone by hand and cut off with a knife. Thus saving damage to blade.

I don't like getting stuck with bits of rabbit bone, which is why I do that. Snip 4 legs, cut into a pinch half way down the back and pull hard - job done in 20 seconds :sly:

I saw some scissor like cutters once, which would cut small bones.

Now I want some I can't find them, or remember what they are called.

Google searches only find me surgeons instruments, does anyone know what these are ?

got some cranfield send you a picture if you want em send me a fiver and i'll post em off

I saw some scissor like cutters once, which would cut small bones.

Now I want some I can't find them, or remember what they are called.

Google searches only find me surgeons instruments, does anyone know what these are ?

the ones I have are proper bone cutter shears i would send a picture if I new how.

if you send me a normal e mail i will return it with pictures