FINALLY my springer spaniel bitch-5 weeks old

Ferretboy111

Well, drove 2 and 1/2 hours to nottinghamshire today to look at 3 l/w springer bitches out of a litter of 5. 4-bitches and 1 dog from FTCH lines etc.

After trying to assess there attributes and looking at the parents and grandparents i decided on this little pup.

In comparison with the 2 other l/w bitches, (the other one was a b/w) she is the smaller and less active one. 1 of the bitches had alot of white on it and moved around everywhere, very bold. The other was less bold but i just didnt bond enough with her, which led me this one, as i fell in love with her as soon as i saw her, maybe because of her small nature and marbelling... she liked eating daffoldils when i was playing with her, and moved around and played around but wasnt as bold/chunky as the others.

Her name is Truffle and ill be collecting her 7th May.

Watched the parents work, and they did very well.

Im excited now, just registered her at my vets.

Alex :good:

Pictures to follow shortly/

Nice one matey....

By week 11 you should have her sitting, laying and returning to whistle.....

Oh....and eating out of the kitchen bin....

This is a little trick that my pup learnt today to my horror on arriving home at dinner time.......He did half a loaf of bread that I chucked away this morning...........Thankfully he wasnt strong enough to have the full bin over...... :good:

NO SUPPER FOR HIM TONIGHT..............

Firstly well done Mate, Iknow you've been looking for one for some time. :good:

But TRUFFLE, come on, we can't have you in the beating line calling that out when she flushes them out 20 yards in front. I assume that that is her Kennel name (Whats the full registered kennel club name mate), and that you will take time to think of a nice simple short syllable name for ease of training.

My Lab's full name is Keelend Gorse, but because he looks like a field of Barley shimmering in the sunlight, we called him Barley.

Let us know if you need a hand, I like making noises when your trying to get there attention, and did I tell you I always carry around a bag of aniseed balls :wub::lol:

SS :good:

Firstly well done Mate, Iknow you've been looking for one for some time. :good:

But TRUFFLE, come on, we can't have you in the beating line calling that out when she flushes them out 20 yards in front. I assume that that is her Kennel name (Whats the full registered kennel club name mate), and that you will take time to think of a nice simple short syllable name for ease of training.

My Lab's full name is Keelend Gorse, but because he looks like a field of Barley shimmering in the sunlight, we called him Barley.

Let us know if you need a hand, I like making noises when your trying to get there attention, and did I tell you I always carry around a bag of aniseed balls :wub::lol:

think you boys could be having some fun :lol:

Her kennel club name hasnt been done yet... she asked me whether or not i wanted to make a suggestion for it n let her know.

OI..... You say TRUFFLE out loud to yourself now, its surprising how short it can be made with the voice..... its just as short as barley, or merlin!! Ill prob shorten it to Truff, or truff bum, fluffy truff, or the fluffy muff truffler. :good:

I wont be needing to shout her name.... the whistle will be doing that :wub::lol:

Alex

:good:

Fluffy muff truffler. :lol: Now that's more like it :lol: :yp:

I wont be needing to shout her name.... the whistle will be doing that :lol::lol: We'll see when I'm at the other end of the maize strip with a nice bit of freshly grilled Bacon :lol::lol::lol:

Alex

:good:

So when do you pick her up then mate, and does this mean no more lamping etc for a while until she gets house trained :/:/

MC,

I like the choice of name for your next one, assuming that this will be sometime in the next couple of years and not shortly?

SS :wub:

It will be about three years time and the mother is already chosen. :good:

My next one was going to be "Griffon" as Merlin was named after the engine in a Spitfire and it was replaced by a Griifon engine.

I was told by she that must be obeyed that we are having a girl next, so Griffon doesn't really work.

Picking her up at 7th may.... the date of little glenham show in suffolk, when she will be 8 weeks old so i wont be there on sunday, but am going monday cos mum said she will look after her for that day.

Lamping has stopped now anyway mate, everything is way too tall unfortuantly.

When she is old enough she will be coming with us. :good: wont be many places she isnt coming with me.

Yeah pics will be up hopefully within the next few hours, cheers martin, i like Fleur aswell, mother thought of Truffle n i fell in love with it and her.

1 quick question for anyone reading, how long after her jabs at 8 weeks n 10 weeks can she be walked in public areas?

Many thanks

Alex :good:

You will be able to take her out 1 week after the second set of jabs.

I took Merlin to the puppy playgroup at the vets after his first jab as they said it was OK for him to mix with other dogs as long as you are sure they are vaccinated