whats the best

rayhallam

i already shoot clays and have a browning ultra xs 32" but i hardly want to take that for pigeons

Why not? My Beretta busts up pigeons as well as anything else! A S/S will have slightly more muzzle flip so I've been told. Both barrels are up on the sight line so kick up when you fire the first barrel, on an O/U you fire the bottom first so the recoil is more central on the stock. This means it pushes back rather than up, giving you a more accurate second shot :good:

• 2 weeks later...

Normally o/u are easier to use due to the single sighting plane of one barrel. It is for this reason that o/u now dominate clay busting.

Many people prefer semi-autos for the same reason, but they also have the advantage of less felt recoil due to the mechanical action.

S-b-s are lighter in weight, and if you are going to carry a gun for any length of time resting on your forearm, then the weight is spread over a greater width of gun - hence it is easier to carry. This is one reason why s-b-s are used for game and rough shooting. Tradition also comes into it, as 30 years ago the use of o/u on game shoots was slightly frowned upon by some traditionalists.

As s-b-s are normally lighter in weight, then firing large numbers of cartridges can give you recoil and bruising problems.

You pays your money.........

Don

As s-b-s are normally lighter in weight, then firing large numbers of cartridges can give you recoil and bruising problems.

My understanding is if you mount the gun correctly, you don't get bruised.

I ditched my O/U some 7 years ago, never thought about it since 'till reading this thread, and no bruising.

Just browse the gunshop rack, one will have your name on it.

WF

My understanding is if you mount the gun correctly, you don't get bruised.

I ditched my O/U some 7 years ago, never thought about it since 'till reading this thread, and no bruising.

Just browse the gunshop rack, one will have your name on it.

WF

yes i agree but you havn't seen him shoot i have , even has a foam linning strapped to his shoulder

how embarrasing B) :oops: