KEEPING WOODIES FRESH

Sando

HI

JUST WANDERING HOW YOU LADS KEEP YOUR SHOT WOODIES FRESH ON THESE HOT DAYS

AS THE FOUR I SHOT WERE ALL FLY BLOWN AT THE END OF THE DAY.

WOULD IT BE OK TO PUT THEM IN A SACK AND TIE IT UP TO STOP THE FLIES GETTING IN OR

WILL THEY SWEAT UP ANY INFO APPRECIATED.

SANDO :good:

Soaked Hessian sack kept in the shade well tied shut works.

On the hottest days in summer (probably from early march these days with global warming) the only way to make sure what you have is edible is to pick them as you go. Leave them out there on a sweltering day for 10 minutes and the flies will find them.

HI

JUST WANDERING HOW YOU LADS KEEP YOUR SHOT WOODIES FRESH ON THESE HOT DAYS

AS THE FOUR I SHOT WERE ALL FLY BLOWN AT THE END OF THE DAY.

WOULD IT BE OK TO PUT THEM IN A SACK AND TIE IT UP TO STOP THE FLIES GETTING IN OR

WILL THEY SWEAT UP ANY INFO APPRECIATED.

SANDO :good:

I had a problem with fly blown pigeons last summer. I read an article in "Sporting Gun" which mentioned covering them in a net curtain. I then came up with the idea of using a 1 ply stealth net which i had ordered from SWH only to discover upon arrival that it wasn,t leaf cut. ( I was not told this at the time of ordering i had expected it coming leaf cut minus the black mesh hence 1 ply) Not very good as hide material. Those of you with stealth 2 ply nets will know that the outer camo has tiny perforations rather like a teabag. I folded it over and had a "tailor" stitch up the 2 longs sides which created a big bag. Laid on the ground beside the hide with the open end nearest the hide, It holds 70 or 80 pigeons 1 pigeon high because of its size so reducing a build up of heat and the tiny holes allow the bag to breath and are fly proof. Worked for me with all birds being acceptable for the gamedealer. I ordered a second net a short while later as backup from SWH the last one i was told presumably because it was no good as hide material, but it certainly keeps the flys off. Cumbria Bill.