what whistle???

mosa

Hello try get something diffrent from the common 1's if you are lucky & the dog listen's then other's with the same can play havock on your dog but they get used to you useing it.I work an acme silent whistle & am lucky that no shoot's i go too other's use it.Used to use 210.5 or 211.5 this is higher pitch.

hello there what whistle do i need for when i begin training my dog either of these models 210, 210.5, 211.5

Hi mosa, depending on what you intend to do with your dog, get one that is as different as possible but whichever one you decide on, buy two and keep the spare safe.

If you are entering working tests or just shooting on your own then no problem but if you are picking up on a shoot with other handlers then a different whistle tone comes into its own, I have seen dogs confused by the same whistle being used by handlers working on a drive.

Personally I like a different tone for a stop whistle but not those awful Thunderers with the pea, much favoured by owners of wayward Springers disappearing into the next parish :angry::blush::blush:

:lol: D2D

I use an ACME 210.5 for my springer,

Everyone blows a whistle slightly differnetly and yours will soon get to know yours.

Just take your choice but try and avoid the silent adjustable type. The good thing about the acme ones is they are cheap and can be washed in the dishwasher. And if you lose one the new one will be the same tone.

I normally have one around my neck and another one in the car, just in case.