16.5mm Signal Flare Cartridges - Free

nickologjam

I have 8 no. 16.5mm signal flare cartridges.

No idea how they ended up with me. Can't find them online so guessing they are now obsolete??

Free to a good home if you can collect from Newton Le Willows, Merseyside.

Any info on them would also be interesting.............or better still a free 16.5mm flare gun!!!

Just a warning I'm in hm coastguard search and rescue.out of date flares (that's what they essential are)Can become unstable.Also it's an offence to discharge maritime pyrotechnics without good cause.

Not saying don't have them just be careful especially if the case is damaged/corroding.

Just a warning I'm in hm coastguard search and rescue.out of date flares (that's what they essential are)Can become unstable.Also it's an offence to discharge maritime pyrotechnics without good cause.

Not saying don't have them just be careful especially if the case is damaged/corroding.

Thanks for the info. Out of interest are they normally date stamped? (These aren't).

How would out of date flares be disposed of?

Does bonfire night wonderment count as 'good cause'??!!

I'm in warring ton in next couple of week if you could save them that would be great if you need rid straight away no worries cheers

Adam

Adam

They are yours if you want them. I can keep hold.

I'm too scared to touch them after Wisdoms last post!!

Just pm me when you are coming this way.

Nick

Should be date stamped on the caps or possibly on the box along with instructions.Phone number for disposal info is Contact details for the MRCC Belfast

is:

phone: 028 9146 3933

Cannot recommend bonfires as many shoot a very hot projectile.

The laws for disposal changed a couple of years ago the eod collect them from cg stations that are authorised.

Hope this helps

Wizz

Should be date stamped on the caps or possibly on the box along with instructions.Phone number for disposal info is Contact details for the MRCC Belfast

is:

phone: 028 9146 3933

Cannot recommend bonfires as many shoot a very hot projectile.

The laws for disposal changed a couple of years ago the eod collect them from cg stations that are authorised.

Hope this helps

Wizz

The only way to go is to follow Wisdom's advice and ring the disposal phone number..... ***! Do NOT think you can let them off without using the proper equipment without risk of serious injury or death. They are not something to be messed with.

You could well be a candidate for a Darwin Award.

Cheers

Fizz

:ninja:

(Me?............ 38years in pro pyrotechnics and still with all my fingers etc)

Edited by fizzbangwhallop