Dog Collars

mack

Had a fright this week when the dog went missing for 24 hours. Ive decided to have her chipped and also considering buying a collar.

I dont like collars generally and I dont like the idea of collars getting caught in undergrowth and hedges etc.

Shes not a working dog but all around us are fields and hedges and woods.

Is there a kind of collar that will release with pressure perhaps?

Cant decide whether to get one or not.

Any thoughts guys?

Mack

You know we have always had dogs, horses, goats, sheep , cattle , and everything else that comes with farm life. I started training when I was 14, and our dogs and everybody elses, have all worn collars. Its the law over here, along with dogtags. In all that time I have yet to see a dog get hung up on a properly....or poorly....fit collar. We all hear stories about them, but I have never seen one or met anyone with first hand experiance.

You can get break away collars but personally I find they break away at the most inoptune times. A good quality collar fitted properly will serve better in my opinion.

NTTF

Had a fright this week when the dog went missing for 24 hours. Ive decided to have her chipped and also considering buying a collar.

I dont like collars generally and I dont like the idea of collars getting caught in undergrowth and hedges etc.

Shes not a working dog but all around us are fields and hedges and woods.

Is there a kind of collar that will release with pressure perhaps?

Cant decide whether to get one or not.

Any thoughts guys?

Mack

Hi Mack, when you fit your collar tag dont put your dogs name on it, it could lead to complications should someone find your dog and take a fancy to keeping it, the police would have to make a decision maybe based on who the dog went to when called, but a chip is the best way forward.

I just put our phone number on one side and postcode on the other, never lost any so hope never to have to go through the "not knowing" bit if they disappeared. :good:

:lol: D2D

Jas has got a collar and a chip............Belive its LAW here for them to wear them......

Dont plan on having him on the collar when working though............................thats just down to hearing the stories............................

But then again.............Most girls know that I have got a 12 incher........................and I havent seen much action...........

Seems like no one wants to listen to my Duran Duran compilations. :lol::good:

hope never to have to go through the "not knowing" bit if they disappeared. :oops:

B) D2D

Thats the awful bit, not knowing.... It was a sleepless night.

Thanks for your comments guys, youve eased my mind. Ill get a collar and put number and postcode on it.

Now GPS tracker...that would be cool, least Id know where shed been all bloody night. :oops:

Mack