Sunny afternoon stroll

Tedly47

Evening gents, I hope everyone's had a good Easter weekend...

I've not been posting much of late due to work commitments, however I have kept my eye in and it looks like everyone's been very busy with lots of great pic's.

Had some good news at the start of the month with a new perm, my good friend Browning123 has already posted about this perm on this section titled "hard going." it's a great opportunity to shoot on this perm and great that I was approached to come and do the pest control on the estate as that's never happend to me before.....!

Right today Mr B and I decided to go and attempt to knock some clays out of the air, well we shot like a pair of plonkers (sorry Mr B) anyway it was such a nice day I decided that once back home I'd sort some housework out and then go for a short walk...

The perm I popped to is only two minutes from my house so off I went with my Winchester 101 and a pocket full of carts, these were joker 32g 5's which Mr B got for me very cheap.... They were cheaper than the pigeon power 29g 6's that I normally use so I was looking forward to testing them out..

The perm itself has a thin wood which is about 3/4 of a mile long and about 60m wide, it's good for pigeons and squirrels normally, so off I plodded walking the long way around the fields so I could start at the far end of the wood with the wind blowing towards me, within two minutes of being in the wood about 15 pigeons got off the floor about 30 yards in front of me, some made the mistake of circling about above me, that was one down... The shot must of scared some further down the wood which came my way, the next shot was a cracking high bird flying well above the wood, I think I'll be investing in some more of these carts ready for the game season.....

As I got to the end of the wood I could hear the unmistakable sound of a jay..... Now we all know these are very sly birds (beautiful but sly) which see you coming from a long way off... Well not this one! He got up out of the hedge about 25 yards ahead of me, down he went..... Then his partner in crime got up and down he went too..... (He landed in the middle of the brambles/hedge and although I tried I couldn't get to him)

So that was four for four... I like this 101 and joker cart combo...

post-66769-0-53290500-1459367202_thumb.jpeg

Ps, it's good to be back ?

Tedly