.17 HMR Ammo..... good if you can find it!

Well I was getting down to the last 50 so I thought I would pop over to one of the gun shops on the way to my shoot and pick-up a few. No such luck! They have not been able to get any for the last two months and when they phoned the dealer they could not give a date of the next delivery. Phoned another shop and the same there...... popped into a gun shop close to work and they had a few thousand so I relieved a few hundred from them.

Anyone else finding the .17 hmr ammo hard to find?

Also the Hornady 17grn V-MAX ammo now has a black tip and not the red tip as it used to have. Checked the boxes and they are the same in every way just the new ones have a black tip and the old ones have a red tip. Look a bit like the 15.5grn but the boxes clearly state 17 gun......

• 2 weeks later...

TNT will deliver, they have revised their policies. The tips are no indicator of reliability or weight, unlike some manufacturers, it's just whatever plastic they have at the time I think, probably price influenced.

I have 300 I'm getting shot of, signing them onto a mates ticket, can't see the hmr coming out of the cabinet again in preference to the hornet.

To be fair to BASC they've been doing some work on the courier front for trade members.

No shortage of HMR ammunition doon sooth but there is little variety - plenty of winchester about for example but little of my preferred Federal if any.

TeamTractor you just know you have to reload Nathan :innocent:

Edited by LeadWasp

To be fair to BASC they've been doing some work on the courier front for trade members.

No shortage of HMR ammunition doon sooth but there is little variety - plenty of winchester about for example but little of my preferred Federal if any.

TeamTractor you just know you have to reload Nathan :innocent:

I will soon I promise ;) after I've finished building my house I'll have a bench and money to finish buying equipment .