Discovery heater matrix.

Hodmedod.one

Hi Darren,

I had exactly ther same problem with my Disco a few weeks ago.

If you feel like fixing it yourself, it cost me £60 for the matrix and £5.03 each for the two "O" rings for the inlet/outlet connections.

Once you have got your pride and joy looking like this, it is downhill all the way.

post-1765-1178565543.jpg

In the immortal words that can be found in every Haynes Manual...refitting is a reversal of removal. :good:

My missus emailed this picture to one of her mates and she replied straight away 'cos she thought the car had been broken in to and vandalised. :good::lol::lol::lol:

Hi Darren,

I had exactly ther same problem with my Disco a few weeks ago.

If you feel like fixing it yourself, it cost me £60 for the matrix and £5.03 each for the two "O" rings for the inlet/outlet connections.

Once you have got your pride and joy looking like this, it is downhill all the way.

post-1765-1178565543.jpg

In the immortal words that can be found in every Haynes Manual...refitting is a reversal of removal. :good:

My missus emailed this picture to one of her mates and she replied straight away 'cos she thought the car had been broken in to and vandalised. :good::lol::lol::lol:

oh dear, must be nice to be able to fix your own motor, but that piccy reminds me way i dont bother to learn. got shut of the 90 today, what a weight off.

oh my god :good:

do you have a pic of the actual matrix ?? . interested to know what it looks like for the 300tdi .

lurcher boy - what do you mean , please tell .

Sorry, no pic. It was filed under dustbin.

Basically, it is just like a small radiator and about 30x12x4cm. On one end, on the 12cm face, there are the coolant inlet/outlet connection stubs. These both have an O ring fitted and then the pipes which stick out of the bulkhead in the engine compartment are attached.

I think LB means that you may be able to undo these pipes and then slide out the matrix into the drivers side footwell without having to remove the dashboard and heater box. My matrix was jammed in solid and even working on the heater box on the garage floor, it still took me 1.5 hrs to remove/replace the matrix and reconnect the two pipes. The two little clamps that hold the pipes on were absolute pigs to replace.

Cheers,

Chris.