firearms licence application advice

mosa

I am starting to fill the form in but asks how many rounds will i need to purchase how many do i want to store in house etc etc etc :unsure:?:good:?:oops:?:lol:??? i am thinking of a .22 firerarm for rabbits on my newly aquired farm. please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am starting to fill the form in but asks how many rounds will i need to purchase how many do i want to store in house etc etc etc :oops:?:lol:?:lol:?:lol:??? i am thinking of a .22 firerarm for rabbits on my newly aquired farm. please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Mosa,

The usual in Kent for .22 appears to be 250 in hand and buy 200 at a time, it works well enough, but there are always a few more around !! :unsure:

If you add another 50 to each they can only knock you back.

:good: D2D

It all depends on what sort of mood your FEO is in when he visits, I asked for 1000 to buy and 1200 to keep and he halved it. Yet a guy I shoot with applied for his about 2 weeks after me and got 1000 and 1200 no questions asked.

Ask for what you want but remember if you get 1000 to buy and 1200 to keep and then don't use it regurlarly then they will reduce it when it comes to renewal time.

I buy my ammunition from my club but still buy 500 at a time so it justifies the ammount, there really is no reason why I shouldn't buy a box of 50 every week and leave it at the club. The probl;em if I do is when it comes to renewal time they will drop my allowance.

The daft thing is that the Guy who runs our club only has 200 to buy and 250 to hold on his own FAC and can't get it raised yet the Club FAC that he holds he is allowed to buy 10000 and hold 12500.

And they are all stored in the same place, it just doesn't make sense. :unsure: :good:

I've got a word doc which gives advice for completing SGC & FAC application. Think I downloaded it from the BASC site.

Anyway it goes into some detail re your question. So if you'd like all the details, pm me your email address and I'll send it on. Alternatively, if you just want the bit to answer your question , let me know and I'll post it here.

Sx Ctymn.