Quarry Identification!

AJL

Shooting on a farm last night with only one pigeon in the bag thought I would stand under a clump of trees half a mile from the farm and wait for something coming in to roost. I heard a rustling in the bushes coming my way and assumed it was a rabbit. Having learnt on the clays that I have more time than I think to take aim and shoot I waited to be certain. Good job too as the farmers wee Jack Russell popped out wagging its tail....could have been a very different end. Lesson for me as a relative newcomer - ask question first, shoot later.

Do NOT take a chance, a while ago i was walking down a track when i saw a top of an ear above some long grass because earlier that day the farm cat had been around i left it, as i got closer a rabbit shot off, i kicked myself but imagen if it had been the cat :lol: end of permission. As i have said on here before Know what you are shooting at, if not stay at home and do your homework first :good:

Well done - positive I.D., its better to miss taking a shot but thats easier said than done, I shot one wooden rabbit last week as it was nearly dark. :good:

Wooden Wabbits, whats that all about then, if your short of the real thing I,ll send you some over :blink: :lol:

:lol: D2D

well done took a few days for somebody to spot it. Its an old saying for any object that looks like a rabbit, the real one I shoot at moved into the hedge ( found it dead on inspection) but from a distance it looked like another one behind it in lo-light + time to go home, thanks for the offer but I have loadsa bunnies, both types?:lol::good: