Priests for sale.

gixxerboy

Hello peeps.. I made a few of these priests before and a couple of lads off here have had some and they were well received so thought I'd make some more. The larger ones are just under 7" long and just under 1" in diameter.

I had a little mis-hap with one while turning and split the end of the wood and rather than throw it away I just reduced the size in length and diameter and was happy with the end result so decided to make a few more of the smaller ones to see if they created any interest too. They are just under 6" long and just about 3/4" in diameter but are still nicely weighted at the busines end.

The leather straps are all the same length on both sizes and are epoxied into a parted off .223 case. The brass weights also have a parted off 22-250 case inserted into the end for decoration and are attached to the handle via a 10mm threaded rod that is drilled and tapped and epoxied into the handle and the weight so should never come apart through normal use.

They are all hardwoods that have one coat of sand and seal then two coats of bees wax to finish off.

The laminated ones were a bit of an experiment but I think they came out quite nice.

From the left they are:

1, 2, 3 already sold

4 - Walnut

5 - Padauk

6 - Zebrano

7 - Wenge

8 - White Ash with black veneer laminate

9 - Padauk

10 - Beech (old rifle stock) with Oak (I think) middle strip with two white ash veneer strips laminated.

These are all £25 posted first class signed for. Thanks for looking. Any questions just ask.

Paul.

P.S. In the second pic the lanyard cases are yet to be polished.

20160621_225205_zpsmivg9zf2.jpg

20160621_225651_zps12qytqpz.jpg

20160401_012100_zpst07sw75d.jpg

• 3 weeks later...