plasma v lcd

mikky

as moniters it tends to be LCD, however i know loads of people that have had problems with them as pc moniters, particually with good graphics cards. The tv screen just cant keep up, pc moniters i believe have a much faster refresh rate. However i also know some people that have no problems at all running their computers from them. (more technical question, probably best suited to pin)

Yes plasma are sharper and overall a better picture, however LCD apears brighter because of how bright the tv's are (makes whites very white and blacks very black) However it means if ou were looking at clouds an LCD would display a white cloud where as the plasma would display a white cloud with grey shaddows etc in it (what it actually looks like)

just got a pioneer plasma, not cheap but awesome quality. the new ones dont suffer from burn in anymore, been sorted. expensive to set up, steel brackets to mount it cos its seriously heavy, but when all's done, looks the absolute nuts. :good:

i wouldnt test that theory :good:

we have a pioneer at work which is burnt, not badly enough that customers notice, but it can be seen.

The LG 37" is a great tv for the money £650 at the moment at currys (which is normally over priced) its only £50 more than the 32" model and its a much nicer size tv.

:/ I have a 50" and its bloody brilliant, though its the grand vega not the bravia, my friend has the 42" bravia and it is awsome!!! i think the best picture ive ever seen was on the panasonic viera but they are silly money. :good:

your kidding me :good:

you think a panasonic is expensive and you bought a sony bravia :/

sonys are without fail £200ish more expensive than they should be.

toshiba 42" 1080p (£1400ish)

Sharp 42" 1080P (1500ish)

Sony 40" 1080p (1750ish)

i would certainly be interested to compaire a 52" sony LCD to a 50" pioneer or samsung plasma (i have a sneaky suspicion i know what the outcome would be)

Not to say its not a very good set, you must understand the differnce between lcd and plasma is a personal one, i just think LCD is too bright and you loose all the skin tones.

:good::/ When i bought mine it was £3000, the viera was more. However, i found somewhere on the net adverting the 50 for the same as the 42 with a free stand (which was £500) i rang the site and asked if the price was right, £1465, she said no that was the 422 price, so i asked if i could have it, she said yes as long as i paid for it before she changed the price, i immediately read out the number on my barcalycard.

One thing i should point out is that i dont really watch "normal" telly on it, we use it for the wii and xbox etc and films, i think the picture from a dvd is awsome, im happy with it and thats all that counts, it has a 660watt stainless wireless surround sound system with it too!!!! We have a 32" sony vega in the lounge for "normal" telly!! :good: