New Quad

Dirty Harry

My FAC finally arrived Saturday so I went straight out and got a Sako Quad in .17HMR with an ASE ultra mod and a Harris 9-12 swivel bipod.

I have put a Simmons 6.5-20x50 wtc on it but the only mounts the shop had that would fit look ****e.

Any other quad owners have problems fitting the scope??

I then went over to the farm to set up the sights and the first shot made a fox jump out of a ditch at about 140yards away and run off. I was gutted as this is only the second time I have seen one at this farm and I could not take a shot at it. :good:

Anyway I zeroed the sights and was managing to get 3/4 inch groups at 80 yards with some heavy wind and rain. I amhappy with this but will have a another go when the weather is a bit better.

Then I thought I had better christen the gun and had 2 rabbits, both headshots at about 55yards.

I am really pleased with the gun and now I just need to get a lamp and I am sorted.

Harry

nice one dirty harry. they a cracking rifle. mine shoots 1/2" to 3/4" at 100yds easy enough. it did take a box to settle in its sound now. i clean mine after 30 shots or so. sqirt wd40 down barrel two runs of boresnake clean as a whistle and it puts first shot bang on center of target. they dont like gettin too hot groups open up so take time to zero you probally know that yourself already. i found mine more accurate off the bipod could only manage 1" groups on it. happy huntin :good:

My FAC finally arrived Saturday so I went straight out and got a Sako Quad in .17HMR with an ASE ultra mod and a Harris 9-12 swivel bipod.

I have put a Simmons 6.5-20x50 wtc on it but the only mounts the shop had that would fit look ****e.

Any other quad owners have problems fitting the scope??

I then went over to the farm to set up the sights and the first shot made a fox jump out of a ditch at about 140yards away and run off. I was gutted as this is only the second time I have seen one at this farm and I could not take a shot at it. :good:

Anyway I zeroed the sights and was managing to get 3/4 inch groups at 80 yards with some heavy wind and rain. I amhappy with this but will have a another go when the weather is a bit better.

Then I thought I had better christen the gun and had 2 rabbits, both headshots at about 55yards.

I am really pleased with the gun and now I just need to get a lamp and I am sorted.

Harry

This might be usefull DH:

quad/scope thread

Connor,

I put 75 rounds through yesterday and like you said the barrel was getting a tad warm. Hopefully next time out the groups will be a bit tighter when it's cooler.

Do you only use a boresnake or do you sometimes rod it out aswell?

Harry

was there steam leaving the barrel! :lol: ive only used the rod on it once harry it seems to be fine with the boresnake and wd40. if you hold he rifle on ts pivot point as you pull the boresnake thru it dosent rub on the crown. hard to explain :good: