Generator no power

foxnet22

Wot do u call litle power?

Generators are queer things, it takes a far higher wattage to power stuff. If urs is 1.7kw? will only power stuff just over 500W, to power a kettle u need something up around 4 or 5kw.

Mibee its fine but just not as powerful as u expected?

I know the 1st one i bought a cheapy from aldi used to struggle with 4" grinder complete waste of time

Aye a 17kw would need to be towed on a trailer and would power a few houses or site compound

If engine is running sweet, ur looking at something on the dynmo side, (unless running at wrong speed, idleing rather than running speed).

All makes are different but i take it all the switches are in the right place and on 240V and no circiut breakers etc, but the fact ur getting some power would tend to say they are, usually all or nothing.

I take it ur lawn mower is the same power rating as the other blokes? If ur lawn mower is bigger might explain it. Wot power is ur lawn mower?

For some reason u really need a genny 3ish X larger than the tool u want to use. so ur really looking at a 600w lawn mower or smaller

Edited by scotslad