Grand vit coolant

Daveo26

Lads, does anyone know what the correct coolant is for my vitara?

Iv checked the levels today and it looks grim,

It was probably blue coloured at one time now it's very dark.

Can't find what it's supposed to be online, just Suzuki branded stuff

I'm hoping it's just ethylene glycol?

Any Suzuki men in the house?

Edited by Daveo26

How do you find your Vitara ? Any issues with it ?

I've just bought a 2004 today with 67k on the clock and couldn't find a buyers guide on the net, so just did the usual checks.

I'm hoping to fit some proper off road rubber as it will be a dedicated hooting bus. Any recommendations ?

Cheers

It's ok mate.

lacks ground clearance but it's decent on the motorway.

Thirsty, even on road tyres!

No issues, touch wood in 15, 000 miles.

Plan on changing my tyres to a more all terrain pattern when there due.

My dads got an 04 plate, he loves it, he's got cooper discoverer AT3s on his.

No issues at all.

Are you sticking with standard size tyres ? I was thinking of sticking the biggest ones on I could without doing any mods in the hope I could gain some ground clearance

Been looking at these Insa Turbo Dakar tyres, seem to get ok reviews as a mud plugging tyre

I have been looking about for a nice G-Vitara auto and this is the best I can find a bit expensive and a bit to fare away but looks good to me.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201610198921166?make=SUZUKI&transmission=Automatic&onesearchad=Used&model=GRAND%20VITARA&price-from=4000&price-to=5000&postcode=sn130qw&sort=price-asc&radius=1500&advertising-location=at_cars&page=1

The problem I find is there are not many proper four-wheel drive cars/trucks with high/low manual transfer cases and auto gearboxes my other option was the KJ Jeep Cherokee.

Edited by four-wheel-drive

Are you sticking with standard size tyres ? I was thinking of sticking the biggest ones on I could without doing any mods in the hope I could gain some ground clearance

Been looking at these Insa Turbo Dakar tyres, seem to get ok reviews as a mud plugging tyre

I will go with a standard size and nothing as extreme as dakars.......

I had a set on a discovery once and it made the drive interesting to say the least.

Those will ruin your mpg and there noisy on the road.

I do a lot of motorway miles so I'll get something sensible.

Iv had defenders and discos the Suzuki is abit hairdresserry but it suits my purpose.

The problem I find is there are not many proper four-wheel drive cars/trucks with high/low manual transfer cases and auto gearboxes my other option was the KJ Jeep Cherokee.

That's my issue mate, a car is no good to me but I don't really want a big pick up.

But I need something with a bit of off-road potential.

Luckily I'm not bothered about an auto so I have more choice of vehicle.

I put the Insa Rangers (standard size) on my Freelander. Quiet on the road but heavy and I think higher profile than standard as the gearing has altered and acceleration and fuel consumption have suffered. Seem to be ok off road but not really been challenged yet.