Tomtom app

Davyo

Anyone using Tomtom app ? I've been installing a few tablets in cars recently,mainly Ipads,Samsung's and Nexus 7's.Most people have been happy with navigation app's Navmii and Waze mainly on the basis its free.(im not a fan of both )However you still need to spend about a fiver to stop adverts and to get camera warnings.Im installing an Ipad at the moment and the guy wants Tomtom app but is it worth £14 ?

I should imagine if its exactly the same as uploaded onto the Car or Portable systems - and comes with updates it should be exactly the same (i have never used it though to be honest)

Cheers mate, i know it has lane assist and the same functions as any tomtom unit, but as an offline map i wondered if it was as more reliable than the likes of Navmii ect.

I have a stand-alone TomTom and Navmii on my iPhone.

Both as good as each other, so my money would be on Navmii unless the adverts really do become annoying.

TBH, the camera add-on for TomTom (and many of the speed limits) is so out of date it really annoys me, warning me about cameras (and limits) that are on longer there.

I have a stand-alone TomTom and Navmii on my iPhone.

Both as good as each other, so my money would be on Navmii unless the adverts really do become annoying.

TBH, the camera add-on for TomTom (and many of the speed limits) is so out of date it really annoys me, warning me about cameras (and limits) that are on longer there.

Thats the issue we have with Navmii,speed cameras that are not there,the adverts is an easy fix as its only about £2.00 to get rid.

I bought the tomtom years ago (8 maybe) it's excellent as good as latest to Tom Tom and in that period I have had it on 4/5 handsets it was at the time £80 for Western Europe and well worth it in my opinion! Unlike most (my app ) has I device mapping so doesn't use loads of data downloading maps as you drive.

How are you fitting the tablets?

Edited by HDAV

Bought the Tomtom app at the weekend to test for myself,3yrs @ £34.It's spot on and works & looks great on the Samsung tab A's in both cars.Had a run down to Weatherby tonight and it picked up the traffic jam @ Teesside flyover spot on.HDAV, the tablets can be fitted numerous ways,depends if it's to be used as a GPS only or a replacement for the cars head unit.Some tablets the lads run have data so they download a FM radio app like Radio player (get awesome radio stations).If they ditch the cars head unit they need a head unit amp installed to power the speakers.

Both mine are wifi only so I just run Satnav (now Tomtom app) but all my music is on the SD cards and I just play it via Bluetooth through the factory sterio'.The Ford's great though as with Ford sync you just tell the tablet a command.Loads of stuff/ideas on YouTube on how to install.Mine simply slip into a fixed dock that has a mini USB charger wired up perminatly to the car.They power up/down with the cars ignition, to get the tablets to do this you get a app called Auto sleeper.I like a slip in dock so I can take the tabs in the house ect.Some lads have ipads perminatly fixed behind the facias or you can get a fibre glass kit and custom the facia so the ipad/tablet just slip in flush.

Edited by Davyo