is there usch thing as a semi auto .17hmr?

bacchus180

its interesting that the trend deems to be to encourage .17hmr over a .22lr from a safety point of view.. but not yet allow semi's.. maybe it will change

i doubt it will ever change personally, can you really see the government taking restrictions away from shooters??? they seem to spend all their time trying to make things difficult

When the law was passed, I think the only common low powered rimfire was a .22. They wanted the higher powered stuff restricted so worded the law to suit. By saying .22 rimfire, rather than .22 rimfire or smaller, they ruined things for the future. I guess they just didn't think about the law in that great a detail before they passed it.

When the law was passed, I think the only common low powered rimfire was a .22. They wanted the higher powered stuff restricted so worded the law to suit. By saying .22 rimfire, rather than .22 rimfire or smaller, they ruined things for the future. I guess they just didn't think about the law in that great a detail before they passed it.

Do they ever :):)

the law surrounding firearms is full of mistakes and oddities, take the reason than .240 is the smallest deer legal callibre, a result of years of scientific testing and experianced stalkers opinions you may think, nope, someone to do with the law being passed (many moons ago) had a .240 rifle and wanted to still be able to use it for stalking. Or so the story goes.