Shooting permission available

Browning

Stuart hit the nail right on the head there! (I mean the aggro with unreliability bit).

I've had quite a few responses now, and I think I've replied to everyone, my apologies if

I missed anyone.

The majority of the responses were from lads that, in my mind, are just

too far away. It may seem like a good idea travelling 50 odd miles to shoot...for a while.

But I don't need anyone that is willing to travel to shoot, I need someone that will travel

to work. The shooting will come later, after the work is done.

One forum member is in pole position, he's local and I already know he's reliable, so he

has got first refusal.

However, there is always room for one more, the offer is still open to anyone that wants to learn a bit, but please be

realistic with the travelling.

Browning, it's a shame you've not had a better response to such an offer but there are a lot of wasters posting on this forum :blush: Travelling shouldn't be too much of a problem, I can drive 200 miles in a day just looking for pigeons and if you ask Top Gunners how much they spend on fuel driving about every weekend ;) but then if you wanna shoot lots you've gotta put in the time and the miles!

Pav, Pin, LB, NTTF. Thanks lads.

I've been so underwhelmed by the response it's unbelievable! There must be a serious shortage of

shooters in this area. Or is it maybe the fact that work is involved......

if it wasnt for the fact that im in berkshire and my working hours would mean i cant be relied upon, i would definetly want to...

• 2 weeks later...
I recently introduced a PW member to a chunk of my permission as I had too much to cope with. (Top bloke by the way! You know who you are!).

I now have another 'opportunity' for someone who is looking for shooting permission...

Here's the basic deal...

I do the keepering on two farms and I need help. This would entail helping with general building/maintenance of pens etc, feeding of birds, beating on shoot days etc etc. This is all very laid back, nothing too strict, but can be hard work.

Transport to North Oxfordshire/South Warwickshire is an absolute must.

In return, you would get vermin control permission (pigeon, rabbit, corvid, squirrel, fox, all the normal critters). At first this would only be accompanied, but once you're proven to be safe and sensible then it

could open up. Also, there would possibly be some accompanied deer stalking.

A good opportunity for someone that doesn't mind getting his hands dirty and learning a thing or two.

This is just the basics, but if anyone has any interest or questions let me know.

Hi Browning, I hope this is not too late but just stumbled acrosss this site and your posting and it sounds great and just up my street. I live in Banbury and work for myself and so am flexible to a degree. I have just got into shooting and so am a bit green but I am a hard worker and keen to learn/help out. I hope my licence is coming through but require some land to register a .22 rimfire to, however the old springer still does the job. If I sound like i could fit the bill please could you drop me a line as I dont oftern pick up emails, Andy.

• 1 year later...

Browning,

I am interested in the sport and am looking to take it up, however there are a few problems. I need permission to shoot to get an FAC. I am willing to put in the effort and work to earn permission. I am interested and would like to know more. for example where is this land, how often is the work and I am only 17 so I am in full time education unfortunately. please email me on at chelsea_137@hotmail.com

• 2 years later...

Good man browning for this offer of shooting- if someone was clever enough to take you up, they could get their FAC sorted and a good country education out of it - it just goes to show when a little work is involved, no one is prepared to give up their precious free time. :good::lol:

you should of put Ad up saying free shooting permission and then told em what they had to do for it once they got in touch, it amazes me how many so called shooters, cant bothered to get off thier fat ***** and earn shooting rights.

i have to help out three different gamekeepers to shoot on a lot of my permission.

thats my rant for the day over :lol:

cheers paul

Exactly Paul :good:

I help out on the 2 farms I have permission on,for instance the farm house getting renovated at the minute so been helping with painting etc etc odd jobs,also building pheasant feeders for the season all in my own time after my full time job, family, etc,I,m not asked to do these things I just do it as a thankyou for giving me the permission in the first place.

Atb

Andy

Edited by drumsoldier