wet tumbler solution recipes

I have been using Birchwood Casey case cleaner for a few years now and it gives excellent results in the wet tumbler with stainless steel pins, I have experimented with dishwasher rinse aid and other solutions in the past but nothing has come close to what I'm using. Now coming to the end of my Birchwood casey so am on the look out for home made recipes that work.

Cilit Bang is wonderful. Put brass in a bucket and spray with CB swirl it around and watch it make the brass gleam, but, don't leave it for any length of time, as it begins to do funny things. It's great. Also try this, put several handfuls of your brass into a pillow case, put the pillow case, knotted, into the normal wash cycle. Don't be tempted to do it without the normal clothes load. No effect on the machine or the clothes. Hard to beat the steel pins though.

In a SS pins tumbler just a good splodge of washing up liquid and 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of citric acid.

The citric acid doesn't clean the cases it just softens the water and allows the cleaning action of the pins to work better.

Afterwards a rinse in clean water and another with a squirt of lemon dishwasher rinse aid in it, job done :)