Mil-dot or MAP

dr3w1986

Hello! I've been looking around on uttings and notcied that they tend to bundle rifles with Hawke scopes by default. What I wanted to know was the difference between the Mil-dot and MAP (multi aim point I believe) reticles. Has anybody tried both, think one is better than the other?

Hello! I've been looking around on uttings and notcied that they tend to bundle rifles with Hawke scopes by default. What I wanted to know was the difference between the Mil-dot and MAP (multi aim point I believe) reticles. Has anybody tried both, think one is better than the other?

MAP is more "accurate" in that the aim points are just that.........when zeroed your shots should be at 20 25 30 35 etc etc

Instead of trying to figure out what it is on the mill dots.........

I had the hawke SR12 and found it more or less SPOT on when using the MAPS...

Great little scope............shame I sold my air gun.

map is a new style reticule.i use mil dot and it is a great reticule.i think map is just another gimmick to get you spending :D

No way, I have an AGS mill dot scope and I had a Hawke MAP PRO on my X2 and the aim points are absolutely spot on!! If I had to choose between the 2, I would definately go for the MAP. The optics were SUPERB on it aswell. :good:

I use SS's Sr6 scope a lot on top of his s410xtra.

It's no gimmick, cracking reticle for things with a loopy trajectory (ie airguns).

Everyone likes different things, I shoot with mildot which I understand and get on well with, but I prefer his scope for the airgun :good:

It doesn't really make much difference for me as the gun wobbles around too much when I'm holding it :good:

I find the Mil dot reticule useful when on the pods and taking a long shot but apart from that I tend not to use them. If I think I need 1" hold over I aim at what I believe is 1" above the target.

• 3 weeks later...

al depends on how high your mounts are,how low the scope to barrel is, and a number of other factors ,the pellet doesnt just land on the next dot down each five/ten meters..thats just bunkum,, youve got to suss out the parralax first, at every ten yards and check it off with your scope you can bet it will be out, so re calibrate it, then only on a certain magnification will it land on the lower marks // its about getting the marks(dots) to correspond to the pellet drop,so good luck and its all good fun trying.