mad friday

davewh100

2 hours ago, Archie-fox said:

Yea I lived in Tod for years till I went to Manchester,  my mum and Dad have just moved from Tod and are having a house built in cliviger... I remember all the fights outside the blue note years ago...proper dive that place..

cliveger is a lovely place your mum and dad will love it, club in tod never recovered after the boxing day floods in 2015 i ran the doors there from 2011 till 2014 move back to doors in Burnley lot better place to work, a door is only has good as the lads that run it 

58 minutes ago, Winston72 said:

i wonder how many door-staff are on here? thankless task but it DID pay well in the 90s and slowed down in the noughties, and now its barely a living wage, i definitely miss it with all my heart

that's the only problem wen you work for an agency they pay just above minimum wage i all ways paid my lads well all ways double time at xmas and we all ways had a works xmas do in mid January can you imagine 15 door lads on a night out :yahoo:

erm yes, i worked at the majestyk in leeds ..................we hosted a night out for other door staff, i believe they were from halifax........................45 arrests 17 of which ended up in A&E first wages were earned and jobs lost, combined with chaos mayhem and distrust ...................i thoroughly enjoyed the challenge at the time, but you should never row with guys who might have to watch your back:unhappy: did you perchance ever work with jason gaunt?

4 hours ago, Winston72 said:

erm yes, i worked at the majestyk in leeds ..................we hosted a night out for other door staff, i believe they were from halifax........................45 arrests 17 of which ended up in A&E first wages were earned and jobs lost, combined with chaos mayhem and distrust ...................i thoroughly enjoyed the challenge at the time, but you should never row with guys who might have to watch your back:unhappy: did you perchance ever work with jason gaunt?

name doesn't ring any bells mate, did you find out which venues the door lads worked at  door men kicking of in a  club is bang out of order like you say we should watch each others black i remember some time ago some doors lads from Barnsley kicked of in the colliseum and one of them got hit with a duster nearly died

7 hours ago, washerboy said:

Sargent peppers in hull

long gone I’m sure 

Was there a few years ago, went out with some of my old mates that did our apprenticeships at the same time as one lived in Hull.  That place was scary, someone got stabbed in the bar we were in which caused a mass stampede for the exits. Fights starting at the kebab van, fights at the taxi rank and that was just the wimmin!