Jeep948

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Westley said:

I have a 303 manual, if that would do, the guns are virtually the same. 

If it is the same then it has to better than what i have at the moment, are you aware of what the differences in the two models are?

3 minutes ago, Westley said:

The mechanics are exactly the same, is it a particular problem that you have, or is it just something that you want to read. Mine came with my 303, but I have never opened it !

It is just to actually have one TBH, not that i really need it but more of a 'Nice to have'.

Just now, JJsDad said:

If you look at "Guns & Equipment" /" Instruction Manuals" on this site you can download a manual for the A303 and a number of other models. Simples.

Looked earlier but i was perhaps too specific with A302 in the search bar, thanks for the heads up i will get a look just now.....

15 minutes ago, Westley said:

Lets see if anyone can come up with one for you. Failing that I am prepared to lend you my copy to photocopy and make up your own. As my gun is totally original and mint condition, I would like to keep the handbook for it in case I ever decide to sell.

Thanks for that, Much appreciated... 

3 minutes ago, sishyplops said:

Just google 303 beretta manual, it's the first thing that pops up (steves pages)

Yep, i have now managed to download the 303 manual, however i have a 302 and would like to get the correct one for it if possible?

19 minutes ago, sishyplops said:

The 303 came in sporter or field, the 302 was a field model, the mag shut off was moved to the forend on the 303. (The sporter had no mag cut off) switched to internal Mobil chokes on the 303, tests pretty much it

ive had a few lol

Cheers for that, I take it they are reliable enough and not prone to not cycling/ejecting or jamming etc.?

N mate just feed them 70mm cases amid try to keep above 28g, they will work with below either but that's the only time mine have jammed, they do say never have he ports adjusted on a 3" chambered gun as then it will only fire heavy carts, but the 3" chamber is a rarety (I have one)

ive had several around 10 I think from 301 to 303 deluxe, still got a 302 magnum, a 303 field deluxe and a 20g 303, I do clean the gas port with an ultrasonic cleaner, they are great reliable guns easy to clean and strip, the 302 mag cut off a miles better than the 303 version in my opinion , but it comes at a cost as the cut off is also the trigger unit retention pin, so is liable to wear .......after about 100,000 carts lol

23 minutes ago, sishyplops said:

the 302 mag cut off a miles better than the 303 version in my opinion , but it comes at a cost as the cut off is also the trigger unit retention pin, so is liable to wear .......after about 100,000 carts lol

So the retaining pin is not a separate pin as is the case in the 303/391 etc?

It is part of the cut off lever?

35 minutes ago, sishyplops said:

You can do that, just make sure you have stripped everything else first, and push out from ther side, tbh I prefer the 302 version to the 303 cut off

After you told me that's where it was i had a look, it came out easily without any need for hammers etc.

I need to work it why it wont cycle properly but as i have stripped it all down there is nothing obvious to me, it is all clean and all looks as it should....

49 minutes ago, sishyplops said:

Are the Gas ports in the barrel clean? Also check the gas piston to make sure it's clean and that he centre collet (with the circlip on)moves freely

when younsay not cycling, is it an occasional jam or every time, what's carts and length and gram

I have stripped it all down and cleaned it this morning, it fires but doesn't eject or load another cartridge, it also jammed twice yesterday so had to strip to remove cartridges.

As i said i have given it a full strip and clean this morning, checking that everything is clean & that everything looks to be correct.

1 hour ago, sishyplops said:

Does the gas valve slide ok?

It does (I'm assuming you mean the Piston), I have just got back in and although it will fire the cartridges without any issues, it will not eject and reload the next cartridge.

53 minutes ago, Jeep948 said:

It does (I'm assuming you mean the Piston), I have just got back in and although it will fire the cartridges without any issues, it will not eject and reload the next cartridge.

Have you cleaned out the two port holes? Located in the piston housing tube....