Roe doe

ShootingEgg

Went out this afternoon looking for a doe, got to the land with two mates to a very windy and bright sun in our faces, found nothing so decided to  set up a target to check another rifle. After doing so we decided to take a drive round the  land, mate has a new truck so wanted to get it dirty. As we drove into one of the fields up popped three Roe, one buck and two does, they must of been laid up kn the hedge for most of the day. I had the 243 by my side so we turned the truck and I  got set to take the shot. One doe turned and presented a shot. I steadied and took the shot, heard it hit its mark and the doe stood for about 10 seconds then dropped, right into the puddle on the stubble field she was in. 

Now hanging in store after cleaning it off a little due to the state it was in after dropping into the murky water. 

DSC_1444.jpg
IMG_20180211_WA0013.jpg

6 hours ago, 7daysinaweek said:

nothing amateur about that joint and steaks S.E, they have been very well prepared by my standards. Excellent job there, no greater satisfaction derived from field to plate with all your own preparation and efforts. 

atb

7diaw

Cheers, took a while but not done it alot and not had any form of butchery training, used to work in kitchens but still dont buy in a haunch haha... 

5 hours ago, bumpy22 said:

good work that very tidy looks very professional. did one last week skin butcherwrap clean chiller under a hour. to be fair had too much practise 

take it the dog is happy with trimming and bones

The dog got the bones, and was living the dream haha.. You will have to show me how to skin that quickly... 

Couple more from tonights stint.. 

IMG_20180214_WA0008.jpg
IMG_20180214_WA0004.jpg