Topping up the hog trough.

old man

Yes, a system where the political class divvy up the gongs and extra gravy between themselves with no public scrutiny. I have never been more contemptuous of our politicians (with a few exceptions) than I am nowadays.

Please Mr Farage form a new party. So that I may walk to the poling station with a spring in my step to vote believing that my vote counts. Like I did on the day of the referendum, although I already feel betrayed on that one. Real change can only be brought about by deposing the westminster elite. Bring on the revolution!

Edited by TriBsa

6 minutes ago, TriBsa said:

Yes, a system where the political class reward divvy up the gongs and extra gravy between themselves with no public scrutiny. I have never been more contemptuous of our politicians (with a few exceptions) than I am nowadays.

Agree 100%

7 minutes ago, TriBsa said:

Please Mr Farage form a new party. So that I may walk to the poling station with a spring in my step to vote believing that my vote counts. Like I did on the day of the referendum, although I already feel betrayed on that one. Real change can only be brought about by deposing the westminster elite. Bring on the revolution!

Can't really agree to that part.  Nigel Farage (for whom and whose views I do have a lot of time) has been too unreliable in ducking in and out - and seems incapable of forming a proper functioning party (as opposed to a one man band).  It needs someone (I don't have any suggestions) who can form a proper party with a group of like minded people pulling in the same direction.

Farage is too quixotic and some of the people who have got involved with UKIP in the past too much of the BNP vein - which is the last thing we need.

11 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

Can't really agree to that part.  Nigel Farage (for whom and whose views I do have a lot of time) has been too unreliable in ducking in and out - and seems incapable of forming a proper functioning party (as opposed to a one man band).  It needs someone (I don't have any suggestions) who can form a proper party with a group of like minded people pulling in the same direction.

Farage is too quixotic and some of the people who have got involved with UKIP in the past too much of the BNP vein - which is the last thing we need.

Yes, he has some rough edges but I too like the man. He never ducks a question and gives an honest answer. A man who is obviously very bright would surely have learnt from past mistakes. A lot of people encounter success on a venture second time around. Look how patchy Churchill's early political career was, and right now we need a mature Churchill. Not a Chamberlain in drag as we now seem to have.

Edited by TriBsa

2 minutes ago, TriBsa said:

Yes, he has some rough edges but I too like the man. He never ducks a question and gives an honest answer. A man who is obviously very bright would surely have learnt from past mistakes. A lot of people encounter success on a venture second time around.

I don't personally think he has the patience to deal with others and have all the hassle (and the restrictions) of forming a party policy and sticking to it.  I agree that he answers questions honestly and quickly, but it is his personal answer (just as UKIP was 'his' party in his time).  When you are tied to a party who have to behave coherently and tow the same line, it constrains you - and I don't think he would operate under those constraints.  Just my view that if it ever became a full national party fielding 650 candidates, I don't think his 'one man band' leadership style would work.  I have never seen anyone else speak particularly well in any debate/broadcast/interview on behalf of UKIP.

You can't form a party and expect it to just work straight out of the box. That was the problem with UKIP, most of the people standing in the wings were not politically aware of how the game has to be played.

In fact most of them were actually unsuited to the roles they were put in