Daystate Huntsman Classic-Help.

ratchers

Was looking for one of these before I got my HW100.

Anyway I have just bought one mainly cos I like the look of them and in general they get good reviews.

Sort of expected low power and after chrono-ing found it is only running 9.5 foot lbs.

So any body know how to get in running at 11 to 11.5 and any other mods,tuning tricks,anything that will help.

Cheers.

20 hours ago, 222mark said:

Have a look on youtube .( Daystate huntsman power adjustment ). Real  easy but be careful not to get it over  12flb .

Yeah thanks, already seen this and its for a Regal so not sure it would work.

Got the triangular bolts out and replaced with standard allen bolts but cant get sliding pin out of safety catch to try the youtube solution.

Read somewhere there is a way without taking the sliding pin for safety catch, but how?

It worked on my huntsman classic, now doing 11.9 with JSB exacts. Take the safety catch bolt out, then warm around the pin with a hairdryer as it is locktited in. Carefully tap a small  electrical screwdriver to prise the pin out of the empty bolt hole. It takes a bit of patience but works. Once the power is set as shown on youtube the pin can be slid back in place and the safety catch bolt replaced. Be patient you will be surprised how easy it is.

Had another go today and although I didn't get the pin out, I found another way round.

Got the power up to 11.5 with the action out of the stock.

Put it all back together and shot a 10 shot string with an average of 10.9.

Not quite enough so will have another go some time soon.