Franchi shotgun

rb5037

Just wondering what the views on a Franchi Alcione S 28" would be?

Was looking at one last week and was gong to do some homework before buying it.

It's 2nd hand and was imported by GMK in Aug 2000. The gun is as new condition, the only thing that made me aware it was preowned was the 2nd hand tag

Price tag is £840 but will drop to £760 if i get my own way.

Any veiws would be great, good or bad.

Thanks Adam

P.s the gun is to be used as a pigeon banger and the odd clay and it is multi choke.

Edited to add the gun is an o/u not a semi.

alcione_f.jpg

Not the exact but simular sp?

rb

I had a 12 g Alcione between 2000 & 2002 and found it to have a few problems.

I sold it to a friend who is a gunsmith and he stripped it down and replaced a few parts and now shoots regularly with it.

Another shooting companion has one also but doesnt use it to any great extent. There is nothing wrong with the quality of the gun but I would expect a serious discount from the £825 expected from the seller.

If you are looking for a general game gun around this cost consider the 16g lincoln premier 30" a truly great gun in this price category and the 16g is becoming more popular as a general purpose weapon. Some say it is the ideal "walked up" gun. I have a 16 g side by side which gets some serious use. I guarantee once you get used to the flexibility of a 16g you wont go back.

Also the 12 g Lincoln Jubilee is a super tool. ( I replaced my aging Beretta with one a couple of weeks back) Both of these are available new for the sort of money you are considering spending.

However if you have tried the gun and it fits well and you are happy in your own mind buy it.

When my Grandfathers former employer died some years ago he left him a 12 g Boss s/s in his will. The gun subsequently came to me and I used it for a time before selling it on when our second child was born. For all its superb engraving, wonderful stock and handmade action it shot no better than my 12g Miroku. and I am sure if Faulds had won an Olympic medal shooting a 12g baikal we would all be buying them...

If you like it have it..