Lap dog for disabled wife.

Grandalf

Sadly, we had to have my wife's faithful companion put down a couple of weeks ago.

Looking for a replacement - Bitch, small and not a puppy.   Not a JR because the Memsahib doesn't like them.   Got to live with my two Labradors.

She had a Maltese Terrier but is not keen on anything that needs lots of grooming and trimming.

Wife is not bed ridden but is not very mobile.   Small dog essential.   Shi Tzu, Norfolk, Yorkshire, mongrels not a problem - Something like that.   It is to be a companion not an ornament. 

If you know of a suitable dog looking for a good home - Not a silly distance from East Anglia please - I would be most interested.

Thanks for reading.

If you want a greyhound, a staffie, a bulldog, etc, then you are dead right.

Several I have found are paired with another dog and they wont let them go individually.

You want a cuddly little lap dog then they go straight away.   Have contacted every rescue centre in East Anglia and checked their websites daily.   Nothing yet.

I also thought it would be easy.

Ye gods but this is difficult.

Dogs Trust wont register my interest in a small dog when one becomes available due "Safety of information act".   When I asked if I could fill in a form with name, address, phone number, etc, she said I could but she would have to tear it up as I left the building...

Today with another rescue centre when I phoned to say my wife and I would like to adopt one of their dogs shown on the website I was told we were to old to adopt a young dog!   They will only let us have one that is over five years old.   Even when I said we had all arrangements made for the future welfare of all our dogs, we have two labs, I was told it was there policy and there would be no exceptions.