Back with a BANG.!!!!!!!!!

Topgunners

We set off this morning with high hopes of finally putting to an end our recent dismal run of finding no pigeons to shoot.

With all the thousand's of acres been battered as of late with the rain & wind we toured our numerous possibilities and were most surprised that there were no numbers of birds ANYWHERE.

One of our colleagues (Ian the taff) said that on his way down to Coventry yesterday he had spotted quite a few pigeons battering some barley fields and it just so happened that they were on one of my permissions.

Eagerly we set off to have a look and they were there but I spotted a load more flitting across fields way in the distance on another of my shoots.

A quick word with the farmer and we were off.

We set up, spread out across 3 fields and all I can say was it was MANIC!

We started at 12.30ish and by 15.15pm had shot just over 170 birds. Many times we had 3 guns shooting at once and birds were dropping at the rate of 1 a minute.

Ian had to go then and we carried on until 17.00pm and we ended up with a final count of 317 pigeons and a double-decker pair of Jackdaws.

Finally. we had a DAY TO REMEMBER yet again.

:good: :good:

Stats are as follows.

2 x hides with decoys set out on long sticks above the wheat, and also on cradles and sticks in the flat holes.

A couple of dead birds on spreader sticks and that was it..

Using Rottweil 32gram and 34 gram cartridges we went through almost 15 boxes of cartridges.

and my flask rolled out of the back of the hide and down the bank to the pit pond behind and DIDN'T break; thankfully. (there is a GOD somewhere)

The Farmer rang me and said he thought we must all have had sub-machine guns as he had NEVER heard anything like it EVER BEFORE.

Well pleased we think.

WE WERE.

:good: :good: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dave K

We set off this morning with high hopes of finally putting to an end our recent dismal run of finding no pigeons to shoot.

With all the thousand's of acres been battered as of late with the rain & wind we toured our numerous possibilities and were most surprised that there were no numbers of birds ANYWHERE.

One of our colleagues (Ian the taff) said that on his way down to Coventry yesterday he had spotted quite a few pigeons battering some barley fields and it just so happened that they were on one of my permissions.

Eagerly we set off to have a look and they were there but I spotted a load more flitting across fields way in the distance on another of my shoots.

A quick word with the farmer and we were off.

We set up, spread out across 3 fields and all I can say was it was MANIC!

We started at 12.30ish and by 15.15pm had shot just over 170 birds. Many times we had 3 guns shooting at once and birds were dropping at the rate of 1 a minute.

Ian had to go then and we carried on until 17.00pm and we ended up with a final count of 317 pigeons and a double-decker pair of Jackdaws.

Finally. we had a DAY TO REMEMBER yet again.

:good: :good:

Stats are as follows.

2 x hides with decoys set out on long sticks above the wheat, and also on cradles and sticks in the flat holes.

A couple of dead birds on spreader sticks and that was it..

Using Rottweil 32gram and 34 gram cartridges we went through almost 15 boxes of cartridges.

and my flask rolled out of the back of the hide and down the bank to the pit pond behind and DIDN'T break; thankfully. (there is a GOD somewhere)

The Farmer rang me and said he thought we must all have had sub-machine guns as he had NEVER heard anything like it EVER BEFORE.

Well pleased we think.

WE WERE.

:good: :good: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dave K

Bloody hell dont you ever give up (only joking) good shooting and well done :lol: :lol: :lol: