A few surprises today. Duck shooting on Lough Neagh.

Big Al

2 hours ago, marsh man said:

Likewise to all above comments , lovely clear video and some fantastic dog work , sadly some people through no fault of there own can have a dog when they go wild fowling, but looking at your video it would be nigh on impossible doing that type of shooting without one . 

I am now on my sixth Lab and I am sure our dogs enjoy wildfowling as much , if not more than we do , where would we be without our faithful friends .

Hope you Al and Ted have a season to remember and THANKS for sharing . 

I agree totally with you about dogs. Ted is asleep on the sofa resting on my daughter's legs as I write - but if he hears the keys in the gun cabinet he transforms into full on gundog mode in an instant. 

My dogs are part time gundog and full time family members. 

• 4 weeks later...

Great vid Al , re magnets and sticks , I’ve had this one for the last three years . One of the super strong magnets screwed on the stick .Its no use using a little screw this one is fixed using a 21/2 in 10 ..

B963F7C0-A752-47D8-8BA5-47E99BAC291E.jpeg.46fcab1ad077399afcf30226310fca58.jpeg

there are ten LOADED cartridges on the magnet , I made this for loading so I could cut down on stuff to cart about . Excellent for picking cartridges out of the water as well of in brambles etc ..

Another picture ..

403B1FE4-3DFB-4851-B2C1-468C72555B92.jpeg

1FF8AD9F-1E25-472C-8A7C-B77427A95064.jpeg

On 19/10/2018 at 10:49, moose man said:

Great vid Al , re magnets and sticks , I’ve had this one for the last three years . One of the super strong magnets screwed on the stick .Its no use using a little screw this one is fixed using a 21/2 in 10 ..

B963F7C0-A752-47D8-8BA5-47E99BAC291E.jpeg.46fcab1ad077399afcf30226310fca58.jpeg

there are ten LOADED cartridges on the magnet , I made this for loading so I could cut down on stuff to cart about . Excellent for picking cartridges out of the water as well of in brambles etc ..

Another picture ..

403B1FE4-3DFB-4851-B2C1-468C72555B92.jpeg

1FF8AD9F-1E25-472C-8A7C-B77427A95064.jpeg

That's exactly what I'm looking for. Where did you get the magnet?

15 minutes ago, Big Al said:

That's exactly what I'm looking for. Where did you get the magnet?

Internet mate , I bought five of them for about thirty quid if I remember rightly ..I did have one left  somewhere , if I can find it your welcome to it ..I’ll have a look in the workshop tomorrow...

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, hodge911 said:

I am very envious on 2 levels 

1 you have as a wonderful place to shoot and spend some time alone with your gun & dog

2 you have a cracking dog there looks to really enjoy himself as do you 

Well done 

Cheers - getting away from the crowd with dog and gun is a form of retreat therapy for me. "There's nowt as queer as folk," as they say .....