17hmr and cub

tikkamark

Hello all i got this small dog fox cub there this evening i went to a spot just across the road from my house with my hmr just to see if i could get a magpie or greycrow as the place is full of them but after a good bit of walking i finally came across one grey out feeding got down put crosshair on him slipped safety just about to squeeze when he took off :stupid: and started swooping and diving at something behind him just as i thought it was a fox and he was heading straight for me so i let him in right in to 20 yrds turned down the objective in the process so he was nice and clear got him square into the shoulder stone dead not a twitch with 17grn v-max :thumbs: hmrcub.jpg

just after that episode the grey just flew around landed and continued feeding as if nothing had happined was safe shot so let fly at him but missed :stupid: bit of a cross wind picked up and i forgot to allow for this but you cant get them all i suppose.

Speaking of good runs grasshopper ??? got these 2 trouble makers this evening went out with marlin again in same spot as yesterday hoping to get revenge with that grey crow i missed but only made it 2 fields from my house when i came across a cub out having a seista in the sun in a hay field he didnt spot me at all i was only 40yrds away from him he was lying flat so had to squeal to get him to sit up but when he did he was put back to sleep fairly lively :lol:

cub1.jpg

when i went to pick him up found his earth only a couple of yards away sheep legs and hen pheasant wings everywere :good:

anyway i continued on another field seen another cub out in a small field but he was heading away so i gave a hand squeal for a while in comes a different cub right up to me to close nearly ran into barrel he ran off kept squealing then heard an almighty roar behind me a large adult vixon was right behind me :good: she obviously got a fair land when i looked around so did i :P she ran but a cub was following her he stopped looked back and i got him no messing this time at 80yrds reloaded looked back in front there was a very big adult dog fox trotting away bit far away for hmr then look to my right only to see another large vixon :good: see turned and ran if i had shottie would have nailed her,never seen the like in my life i called in 5 foxes in the middle of the day to me just using a hand squeal will be bringing tikka in with with me next time and wait out in that spot with it.here is the second cub i got

cub2.jpg

Good man Mark :good:

Was talking to Daneil the other day, i will be down in September. :good:

Keep up the good work :P

Frank.

I will hold you to that frank :lol::good: i will be looking foward to it ???

Think you had best get down there pretty sharpish Frank..the way he,s going there,ll not be anything left to shoot ;):lol::lol:

Looking forward to the report on this lot you found tonight..Don,t fancy their chances much :lol:

All the best..

GH

Good man Mark :good:

Was talking to Daneil the other day, i will be down in September. :good:

Keep up the good work :P

Frank.

I will hold you to that frank :lol::good: i will be looking foward to it ???

:lol: So am i Mark, it will be good craic. ;)

Frank.

Must be savage numbers up your way Markl! How long are you collecting that freezer load?

Must be great having ditches!! all thats over my way is stone walls !!

Just lost a huge section of brilliant fox cover to the bulldozer last week !! The new Galway-Ennis road!!

Think you had best get down there pretty sharpish Frank..the way he,s going there,ll not be anything left to shoot :good::good: :look:

Looking forward to the report on this lot you found tonight..Don,t fancy their chances much :D

All the best..

GH

One thing on there side is the weather fairly rough here today :) only for that id be after them this evening with the .223

Madness, must have been great to experience but worrying about how frequent they are in number.

They could have ganged up on you there, the whole family get revenge on you for the day before :good:

Tell me about it vegeta if they were left there without any been shot they would wipe out every pheasant where they are id say the mother of that litter has already killed a fair few as they would be the main food source as there is not a whole lot of rabbits in that spot.With a bit of luck i will catch up with mammy and daddy that should sort that bunch out :good:

Must be savage numbers up your way Markl! How long are you collecting that freezer load?

Must be great having ditches!! all thats over my way is stone walls !!

Just lost a huge section of brilliant fox cover to the bulldozer last week !! The new Galway-Ennis road!!

Its unreal this year eoin a serious amount of them about nobody else really is into shooting with rifles round here only myself and another lad and he only goes out once in a blue moon.Im collecting them over last winter and summer have to put cavity block on lid to keep it closed :good: In one deep ditch yesterday i found at least 10 fresh earths i dont know if they were connected to one another but it is a big family in that spot :good:

Its unreal this year eoin a serious amount of them about nobody else really is into shooting with rifles round here only myself and another lad and he only goes out once in a blue moon.Im collecting them over last winter and summer have to put cavity block on lid to keep it closed ;) In one deep ditch yesterday i found at least 10 fresh earths i dont know if they were connected to one another but it is a big family in that spot :o

When do your vermin counts take place?

Do you ever see the results for your county?

I've been trying for years to find out what the top club in the country returns!! :no:

Its unreal this year eoin a serious amount of them about nobody else really is into shooting with rifles round here only myself and another lad and he only goes out once in a blue moon.Im collecting them over last winter and summer have to put cavity block on lid to keep it closed :no: In one deep ditch yesterday i found at least 10 fresh earths i dont know if they were connected to one another but it is a big family in that spot :huh:

When do your vermin counts take place?

Do you ever see the results for your county?

I've been trying for years to find out what the top club in the country returns!! :lol:

there is one on in september.I never seen what other clubs are getting either seen rough numbers in the shooters digest but they never include the foxes in them for some quare reason must be a big secret :o I will fill you in on what sort of numbers are at this count in sept ;)