Maintaining your permission

monkeyjaimz

Well I was out shooting on tuesday night and bumped into the shoot captain / gamekeeper who's responsible for my permission on that (massive) bit of land.

Our original agreement at the beginning of the year was that I had permission up until around the end of july (right about now).

So I was stood talking to him the other night and he's saying that he's got the pheasant poults arriving very soon etc and has a lot of work on to prepare for their arrival, then he mentioned that the water pipe that supplies the pens wasnt working :no: and he couldnt figure out why, so i volunteered my services to have a look and sort it out for him.

Went along last night after work and got it sorted, all it needed was 4 jubilee clips and 6 inches of 15mm copper pipe and presto!

As a result I now have a chuffed gamekeeper and extension on my permission due to my helping him out and doing a good job with the rabbits and a bit of fox spotting ;)

Building up that relationship is all important, never take anything for granted and never stop saying "thank you".

Wise words, one of my shoots has a newly dug 6 acre lake freshly stocked with HUGE carp (I dont fish for them, I wish they were trout), problem is a large workforce of Poles etc not 10 miles away that have so far not heard about it. so one of my "jobs" is to go out at irregular times doing a spot of pest control. It works both ways.

;) D2D

Building up that relationship is all important, never take anything for granted and never stop saying "thank you".

Cheers cranners, I've only had the permission since the beginning of the year and over the last couple of months the area of land I've been allowed on has more than doubled and the gamekeeper (real old school fellow) now uses my first name :blush:

It always pays to help out, on my biggest permission i try to go along aleast twice a month to help with maintenance jobs ect but im lucky in that the shoot captain takes care of the foxes but nether him or most of the guns shoot pigeons, rabbits or corvids so that is my job whenever i want to go along :blush: and being over two farms and almost 1,000 acres there is always plenty to do :blush: