Just had feo visit, SHC on its way!

tom_0787

Just had my FEO round as part of my SGC application. All went well, she said i should recieve it in 2-3 weeks. Im inpressed considering i holy handed my application in 2 weeks ago. I was a bit worried about how long it was going to take after hearing some of the comments on the forum. I think paying by cash so there's no wait in the finance dept for a cheque to clear sped things up. As did a polite phone call on friday "check things were going through alright" she found my application and said she could pop round today. What a brilliant birthday present.

Now down to the interesting bit. What shoud i spend my £350 on? My local RFD (lambert and wiltshire) have 2 guns im interested in. A laurona u/o multi choke and an Aya Yeoman u/o. They have said if i buy a gun from them they will fit it to me for free. Does anyone have any advide or opinions on either of these guns or can you suggest any alternatives? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Just had my FEO round as part of my SGC application. All went well, she said i should recieve it in 2-3 weeks. Im inpressed considering i holy handed my application in 2 weeks ago. I was a bit worried about how long it was going to take after hearing some of the comments on the forum. I think paying by cash so there's no wait in the finance dept for a cheque to clear sped things up. As did a polite phone call on friday "check things were going through alright" she found my application and said she could pop round today. What a brilliant birthday present.

Now down to the interesting bit. What shoud i spend my £350 on? My local RFD (lambert and wiltshire) have 2 guns im interested in. A laurona u/o multi choke and an Aya Yeoman u/o. They have said if i buy a gun from them they will fit it to me for free. Does anyone have any advide or opinions on either of these guns or can you suggest any alternatives? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

i would go for the aya... :rolleyes:

Well done on the cert.I will be biased but recommend the AYA having one myself.It is the budget end of what AYA do but they have a good solid reputation.Mine has been a great gun in 1/4 and 1/2 choke.Mine has a long stock so fits well.See what you think of how they fit.I got my aya after asking opinions on here.Not much bad said about them.I use mine for clays and roughshooting.I paid £340 s/h in top condition,as i said fixed chokes.SST also.I get the impression Laurona are solid workmanlike guns.

welcome to the shotgun scene bud, both are excellent guns, the one thing about the laurona if my memory serves me right is they are not blued on the barrels but black chromed, which used to be a selling point in their adverts, stating how much better the chrome was against corrosion if wildfowling etc. good luck. :rolleyes: