The new GL so ambiguous

It would be a wealthy lawyer who would fight for the prosecution and a wealthy  lawyer who would argue for the defence and ulimatley it would end up like Brexit and get nowhere.

As as been stated GL is not fit for purpose and it needs to be simplified to the extreme to remove 'all' ambiguity.

Edited by Good shot?
Spelling edit.

1 hour ago, norfolk dumpling said:

Having read the GL and your comments I find it hard to believe anyone could be prosecuted and who will monitor crops over a period of time to check measures being applied? In my county are talking about thousands and thousand of hectares, a vast variety of crops and circumstances and, I suspect, no likelyhood of this being a police priority. If I get a call to arms surely it is a simple and uncontested argument that the crops are being damaged and pigeon numbers need to be reduced. Hopefully sensible work will now commence to assess pigeon numbers, the impact on crops and revenues and get the GL amended to ensure a flexible, workable set of rules.

Roost shooting could be interesting - 30-40 guys in woods spread over thousands of acres. You would need half of Norfolk's limited police force to check just one estate!

Having said above our associations - NFU, BASC, CLA etc etc - need to lobby Government to get this reversed and soon as we may have the spectre of a Corbyn government who we know would support the mentally retarded character behind this fiasco. Our beardy far left guy wanted all guns banned unless used for professional purposes - what does that mean for the vast majority of gun owners??

I agree with what you are saying about trying to police or enquire with the person who is shooting pigeons on Mr xxxx land as our county cover a vast amount of acres with a lot of it in remote places .

At the moment I am walking my dog around the various Pea fields mainly in the afternoons , I am relied on to keep the pigeons off if they start causing damage to the crops , while there are only a few I do my best to keep them off with non lethal means , if and when they build up to cause a problem to the farmer I have already done my best to protect the crop and if they insist on returning I would have no hesitation in shooting , or trying to shoot the ones that wont take no for an answer .

What else could I do ?, plus it would be a hell of a job to prove I haven't done enough in whoever is likely to complain in the first place .