Feeling more positive

jon0881

Hi,

I have been looking for permission for some pigeon and rabbit shooting for a little while now. After a recent break from door knocking because i was disheartened by some responses i decided to have another stab. I spoke to two farmers who were very friendly, I thought one was going to be a yes becuase he said pigeon was on a field and his guy was on holiday. We had a chat and i left my card. Pretty simmilar for the other farm but he said he had a few lads but he would keep me in mind.

Has anyone left a card to an 'on the fence' farmer and had a call back weeks/months later?

Spirit slightly lifted. As least im not as nervous approaching for permission.

Regards

Jon

I'll let you know if he comes back to me .... on a farm adjoining my permission I was told NO last year..but the other day I went back again after buying cartridges.... asked him again .... he told me has has someone... I mentioned I was asking as I have not heard any shooting (on his land) he asked for my number.... I gave him my card and said ~"I've just been buying cartridges so have my licence on me if you want to have look...." He had a look ..... still await the call........................

more soon (I hope)............. :( :good:

Good news.......maybe. I put some more cards out on the way home one night this week. I saw a farmer in tractor out on some oilseed rape and a flock of pigeons were chasing after him.

I done a quick U turn and went to the farmohuse and left my card with one of the guys there to pass onto him. The farmer very kindly called me today to say that they were only tennants on the land and the shooting was let out to a guy. He said its unfortunate because they usually just go for the phesants etc and are not over interested in pigeon. Long story short, i mentioned rabbits and this changed the conversation. He said that he will take my card to the top guy and ask if someone can deal with rabbits and some pigeon.

fingers crossed!

I very much doubt it would have got that far unless ;

a. i spotted a problem

and

b. asked face to face, politely if they need a hand dealing with it.