England vs Wales

chrisjpainter

To be fair that was close to first fifteen I think. The Wales game where we narrowly lost was more squad rotation.

I have big worries at fifteen though. For me it has to be Watson. Daily has got talent with ball. But I think will be caught out big time against a stronger side in the finals. England are not going to dominate all the time as they did today. They will need to be able to defend under pressure and I think daily is too weak there

9 hours ago, bumpy22 said:

have big worries at fifteen though. For me it has to be Watson. Daily has got talent with ball. But I think will be caught out big time against a stronger side in the finals. England are not going to dominate all the time as they did today. They will need to be able to defend under pressure and I think daily is too weak there

I caught the end of the highlights, Irelands final try, Daily should have put him into touch, game was won yes but he was beaten far too easily.

1 hour ago, Mice! said:

I caught the end of the highlights, Irelands final try, Daily should have put him into touch, game was won yes but he was beaten far too easily.

Yup. It's decision making that's costing him. He's gone for the tackle at chest to drag him down, but he should have gone low to push him out. The touch was right there one decent shove and that's the attack closed off. He's great as a third winger, or if you want to shove Cokanisaga inside as extra meat, but other than long range kicking, I can't think of anything that Daily can do that Watson can't do at least as well if not better 

13 hours ago, blackbird said:

Don’t read to much into warm up games my friend 

confidence breeds confidence. Who wants to go into the World cup with a 57-15 drubbing to their name against a side that is probably well down the pecking order of favourites for the World Cup?

Warm up games are a useful guide as to who's playing well who's got confidence and who's not. England should come out of the warm ups with three wins out of four (Italy to come), Ireland have got to play Wales twice, which could be tricky, given how leaden-footed they were yesterday. 

Friendlies aren't the whole story, but you still want to win them!

2 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

confidence breeds confidence. Who wants to go into the World cup with a 57-15 drubbing to their name against a side that is probably well down the pecking order of favourites for the World Cup?

Warm up games are a useful guide as to who's playing well who's got confidence and who's not. England should come out of the warm ups with three wins out of four (Italy to come), Ireland have got to play Wales twice, which could be tricky, given how leaden-footed they were yesterday. 

Friendlies aren't the whole story, but you still want to win them!

I think Ireland will not find it anywhere as hard against Wales. Not being downbeat on the Welsh I just think they are slightly going back. There squad is not strong enough for all the games. If they get a injury at 8 or10 then it's going to be massive. I can see garlands logic in getting first fifteen match sharp. But it will become a risk the more game time more possible injuries

Roll on the world cup it will be a great sporting occasion. I hope there are no serious injuries to any players and all the teams play to their highest standards

22 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

Warm up games are a useful guide as to who's playing well who's got confidence and who's not. England should come out of the warm ups with three wins out of four (Italy to come

Wouldn't count Italy as a warm up game, just a chance for injuries, hopefully the main players will get a rest or short run out?