Hello all from new member

dazbrit

HELLO EVERYBODY

BEEN READING THE FORUMS FOR A COUPLE OF DAYS NOW AND THOUGHT IT'S ABOUT TIME I JOINED UP. I USED TO GO SHOOTING MANY YEARS AGO WITH MY BROTHER AND HIS FRIENDS UP IN NORTH YORKSHIRE BUT WORK COMMITMENTS AND FAMILY LIFE PUT A STOP TO IT ALL. I HAVE RECENTLY MOVED DOWN TO NORTH WALES AND HAVE STARTED SHOOTING CLAYS WITH MY BROTHER IN LAW. I HAVE BEEN BORROWING ONE OF HIS GUNS FOR THE CLAY SHOOTS AS I HAD NO GUN OF MY OWN OR LICENCE. I NOW HAVE A LICENCE AND AM NOW IN THE PROCESS OF BUYING A NEW (WELL NEW TO ME) 12 BORE BUT AM FINDING IT DIFFICULT AS TO WHAT GUN TO BUY FOR MY NEEDS. AS I AM NEW TO THE AREA I HAVE NO LAND TO SHOOT OVER SO I WONDER IF ANYBODY COULD GIVE ME A FEW TIPS ON THE BEST WAY TO APPROACH THE LAND OWNER ABOUT SHOOTING ON THIER LAND. AND WHAT KIND OF GUN WOULD BE BEST FOR SHOOTING CLAYS AND HOPEFULLY PIGEONS AND RABBITS. ANY GUIDANCE OR TIPS WOULD BE GREATLY AKNOWLEDGED. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK AS IT'S A GREAT, INTRESTING FORUM AND I HOPE THIS IS MY FIRST OF MANY MORE POSTS.

:) daz brit bi am not going to help you on approaching the landowner i am going to help you on the gun issue i shoot DTL AND SPORTING i also shoot crows vermin rabbits game foxes with one gun a mirouku 38 trap with fixed 1/2 and 3/4 chokes it has an adjustable stock and i am shooting flat with it i dont seem any other need for a game gun as i shoot everything with the one gun hope this helps!! :) i see no other need for another as io shoot very well with the one gun

:) daz brit bi am not going to help you on approaching the landowner i am going to help you on the gun issue i shoot DTL AND SPORTING i also shoot crows vermin rabbits game foxes with one gun a mirouku 38 trap with fixed 1/2 and 3/4 chokes it has an adjustable stock and i am shooting flat with it i dont seem any other need for a game gun as i shoot everything with the one gun hope this helps!! :) i see no other need for another as io shoot very well with the one gun

Thanks for that John i"ll bear that in mind, although i only have around 500 pounds to play with.

Thanks for that John i"ll bear that in mind, although i only have around 500 pounds to play with.

welcome aboard dazbrit

got a nice lincoln no2 sideplate m/c 3" magnum for sale at that price :)

seems your close enough to try it :) what clay grounds you shooting at ?

Hello magman,

iv'e been to Hodnet a couple of times and Llandrinio but mostly to a place near Llangollen( i can't remember the name). Iv'e only taken up the sport in the last couple of months so haven't been that many times really.