shooting over the weekend

turner

There is no need to use BB or AAA size shot through 12 bores, a winchester super speed no. 2 knocks **** out of them every time.

A rifle is fine but not when your shooting foxes during the day that are being hunted out of cover, it would take some marksman to shoot a fox at full stretch across a field. :lol:

If your shooting at night at 250 yards you mustn't be able to see much of the fox apart from its eyes unless you've got a high powered scope or light.

If this is the case is it not a bit dangerous to be just firing at a set of eyes?

The comments of some of the writers on the Forum frankly amaze me. :lol:

We are supposed to be adult, responsible people who take this shooting business seriously.

The right tool for the right job. I have shot hundreds of Foxes with a 12g and .243 and would never even consider taking a shot at a fox with a .410 unless it happened to walk up and suck the barrel!

As for the Gamekeeper who said he shot a Fox at 35 yards with a .410. if he was on my estate he would be looking for a new job!

This sort of **** is just what the antis want to read.

Charlie is a supremely adaptable, cunning, and intelligent predator and like all of our quarry deserves a bit of respect in the way it is dispatched.

Oh and dont start going on about helpless little lambs and chickens etc. These make up less than 10% of the foxes diet in the wild.

Lets do the job properly or not at all!!! :lol:

I said I had witnessed foxes being shot with a .410 at 30 yards and cleanly killed, I would never use it myself the 12g is the only shotgun I would use.

I totally agree with you F.M. foxes should be treated with respect because they are a wonderful animal.

Guest pigeonbasher

:lol: :lol: had a call from a farmer friend to say he!s going to spray of a piece

of setaside in the next day or so, next to a field of rape and that there was a lot

of pigeons on it ,anyway, set up this afternoon at 2 pm shot till 5pm, picked up

54, lost 6/7 in some wheat behind me not a bad afternoon, id! like to send some pics i took but dont know how?:lol:?:lol:

Went out yesterday (saturday), arrived at the farm to find 6 pigeons feeding on the sprouting linseed, that didnt look to promissing, and about the same on a field just over the hedge. decided to set up on the field over the hedge as it gave better cover and the deeks would show up better. It turned out that the farmer had just planted peas in this field so there were plenty laying on top. set up 10 shells close to the hedge and waited. The sport was better than i thought it would be, finished the day with 34 pigeons & 4 crows. Thats a good day for me.