shooting vest recommendation

paul1966

after taking a few clay lessons i figure its time to get a shooting vest but i am not sure which one to go for. i am on a tight budget so am looking at around the £40-50 mark. with the exchange rate being so good at the moment would i be better getting one from the usa and if so from where?

Anything with pockets and something uniform on the shoulder you will shoot from is what you want. Mine has a leather section all down the right shoulder.

Important thing is it fits, should be no bunching or movement as you shoulder the gun so it doesn't snag the butt as it comes to the shoulder.

After that it's all preference. Some like ventilated backs or netting for the summer, some like hundreds of pockets for this and that.

2 large pockets for carts at the front is all you really need. For that money you could have two mate, one warmer for the winter and a net type for the summer. Face facts, everyone looks daft in a skeet vest, so why worry what it looks like ;)

after taking a few clay lessons i figure its time to get a shooting vest but i am not sure which one to go for. i am on a tight budget so am looking at around the £40-50 mark. with the exchange rate being so good at the moment would i be better getting one from the usa and if so from where?

have a look at caballa's usa they keep coming up with special offers. i picked up a cracker under £20 including postage.

do yourself a favour and add £20 to your budget

check the quality of the stitching on the pockets as they take a lot of punishment and have seen many of the cheaper ones ruined quickly

TP

Yep got the pick of most of them for another £20

I've got a musto one for that dosh and I like it.