DAY SCOPES AND DIOPTER ADJUSTMENTS plus and minus ??

oldypigeonpopper

hello, i am now finding the above going more to the plus on my day scope, both Hawke, are there any other makes that have a better diopter magnification as i do not want to start using glasses, i am looking at a 3 x 12 x 50 scope for a pcp,  nothing fancy, mil/dot no AO or color ret, cheers

You're postponing the inevitable. The sooner you accept it the more easy it is to deal with. But that's just in my experience. I'm not certain but the only way to make the reticle 'clearer' if the diopter adjustment fails is to get a first plane scope - the cost of which would get you several pairs of spec's.

Plus you may be then able to read number plates at the requisite distance. ;)

Hmmmm  I wear fairly moderate long vision specs and find no problem with my Hawke scopes.  I think as wynmberley suggests the inevitable has to be realised.  I noticed the road signs getting just a touch fuzzy at the edges and on my annual eye test I asked about this and was told that I was still OK to drive but to brighten things up a bit a pair of long vision glasses may be required.  WOW!!! I suddenly realised what I had been missing when everything became sharp and clear again.  Money well spent.  It had crept up on me almost unnoticed.

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/02/2020 at 14:57, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, i found out the Hawke scopes have 2.5 x diopters so may see if another make has a higher X, but may have another idea as well, thanks for replies

hello, well my idea on how to use my day scopes without glasses and see the reticule/cross hair better seems to work, not much but enough for me, i do not use AO, my first try is on a Hawke H D 12 x 50 I/R an older version scope, will also try on my Hawke S/F non AO with I/R, anyone interested in doing the same let me know the internal diameter of the rear lens, that is 5mm inside, cheers

Edited by oldypigeonpopper