Stick so far.

fatchap

Fella popped round this morning, wasn't best pleased knocking on my door at 7am, but he was very happy with the stick, even had a bit of tear in his eye when he saw the British Legion badge. he had no idea I was doing that. anyway he paid me more than I was asking, I did argue, a lot because I kind of enjoy making them more than thinking about how much its worth, Sounds stupid but the look on someones face when they get something I have made is worth more than money to me.

Another happy customer, Now to get on with a filleting knife and a wrought Iron log basket.....not the best weather for firing up the forge, so it will probably be the filleting knife.

Cheers for all the replies and comments chaps, much appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks lovely. I can't help looking for shafts while out n about so far made my old lady and the old man sticks now as ther in ther 80s. I use one becuase I have a knakerd hip an knee. So while out on the fields iv had to put a sling on the gun and the stick is a dam handy tool and it's not a new idea but I grabbed a couple small neodinium magnets of ebay and put them at the bottom of my stick just above the rubber. I drilled all the way through and used resin to fix inplace so the stick lost no strength ect. No more groaning n moaning  bending over to collect my emptie carts .. Bloody Great as its no fun getting old